ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP missing bolts!

Mate of mine just baught a Cup172 from a garage (not a renault dealer) only done about 10,000 miles still & he poped the bonnet the other day..when he did we both noticed there seemed to be only 2 bolts (i think) securing the inlet manifold with 2 missing!

Have other people with Cups or 172s got 4 bolts or 2?

Was thinking its either got to be a c**k up by renault, the garage he got the car from made a dodgy repair (possible as the car was quite cheap & has a few niggles such as badges missing) or its just sposed to be like that...

As far as im aware mate thats how they are supposed to be. I think the holes are for the plastic engine covers on the 172 version of the same engine. What you want to look out for is a nut missing from the fan belt tensioner. (Just off the alternator) as thats what fell off mine within 2 weeks of having it!