ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup (Not) Starting

Cup 172

Anyone know what this is all about?

Sometimes when I fire up the Cup on a morning, instead of it going straight to about 1250 rpm, it goes to 750, then climbs to normal. Maybe once a week, it needs two attempts to get it going. Had it in Reno last week and they reckoned it was to do with the ignition key (wtf??) so they replaced one and recoded the second...

Any ideas? Warranty is up soon, so really want to get it sorted.

It would be nice if just for once I took it to Reno and they fixed something first time....

Oh no not this problem again. My 172 does it from time to time. Ive tried the spare key, but it made no difference.

In the end I switched from using BP Ultimate Petrol (97 RON) to Normal 95 RON unleaded and that seemed to clear it up, however it happened again this morning.

I know how you feel mate, Im at my wits end with mine too.

Cup 172

It winds me up. The only way anything ever gets fixed is when I tell them what to fix... they havent got a clue...

It will always start properly second time though... wtf???

I know its petty but the way people admire a RS clio, and then you get in and it wont start. I nearly died of embaressment the other night as there were some fit birds watchin!!!

Its soooo not funny!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think it went away completely when I got the rsport ecu fitted. Never even bothered mentioning it to the dealer though. Just seems to be one of those little features.