ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup or Valver

Im thinking about getting rid of my valver and getting a cup in a few months, but i cant make my mind up!!!! i love my valver, but really want a brand new car, what do people think i should do!?!?!?!?!

Revels Mum & Sister

If you have the money mate. I would go for a Clio CUP. Or get a 172 then you get creature comforts. Thats what I would do.

Although if it came to it would be diffucult as I love my Valver!!! But guess the thought of a new car ir nice though!! Plus warranty. Although from what I hear getting problems sorted mite be a pain in the ass.

Worth it though. Lots more power to play with!

you are in the exact same position as me. Got a Valver, but want a new Cup. mmmm........desicions desicions. Have you thought about any other cars?

Revels Mum & Sister

Some of my choices would be:

Civic Type R

306 GTi-6

Clio Cup or 172

Integra Type R

Just a few! Maybe a 106 GTi but a bit old hat I guess for a new car. But love them and Saxo VTSS!!!

Money aint really a problem, and id rather have a cup i perosnally think they look better, and are that little bit quicker! i love my valver!!!!!! just cant decide! but i think the warranty and bits like that are gradually pullin me towards the cup! just scared if mine goes bang thats it!!!!

I aint really thought about any other cars, as for the money there aint really anything else out there, apart from second hand but i really want a brand new car.

Civic type R nice i dont really like the look of them that much, 306 i do really like but i cant get one brand new, hadnt really thought about the integra, how much are they brand new and what insurance group are they?

Oh and 106 and VTS aint much quicker really that a valver, at least i there would be quite a hike in performance if i went for the cup.

i would say go for the cup, although money isnt an issue, IMO u still get more for your money, out of all the new hot hatches. Go order one, Quick!

Revels Mum & Sister

Check out the Integra mate. They are ace. Sound the VTEC makes as well. Unreal. Also Jap build quality. some stats for you below. Not sure about price. Have to check Honda site or a dealer.

Integra Type-R

6.9 Secs to 60

145MPH Top speed

190BHP

INsurance: 18

May have to check that out then, quite similar performance figures to the cup then really, the integra handles superbly as well though doesnt it?

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Id rather save the pennys, if u want a change, u could look for a mint Williams/Punto GT Turbo/Fiesta RS Turbo/R5 GTT/CRX Del Sol/MR2 Turbo. :cool:

There the cars id be considering over a new one for price reasons mainly.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Get a 172...the creature comforts are just so nice to have...whats a few split seconds between mates eh? ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah they handle like a dream. They look smart as assholes as well. Also They have really comfy interior. Two nice Red Recaro buckets as standard for you sure.

If you buy Blitz, HKS goodies like exhausts and VTEC controller. You get very very good increases in power and sound to die for. With an Induction kit!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Messed me pants!! Although the systems do cost but......................

id never sell my valver!!!

and out of all that list id get an integra. not the new shape, one just before - R reg ish.

ive seen stats for integra showing 6.2 to 60

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah the ones around R reg are the best looking.

A mate has his White R reg for sale. About 40,000 Miles. Wants around £9000 I think. They are quick and look the nuts!!!

Revels Mum & Sister

VTEC hits with quite a punch. And they rev round nicely. 8,900 or something like that. Probably not right but its like that anyway!!

Buy one mate sure you wouldnt regret buying one!!