ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Part Exchange

Sorry about the last thread.

I have just part exchanged my old cup for a new one, i am part exchanging it for a pre registered 53 plate. The reason being my last cup had a little accident and needed a new sub frame and steering rack. It never felt the same and always tram lined. I pick up the new cup on Thursday with only 10 miles on the clock for 10, 990, is that a good price or have i been over charged. They have already settled my finance and will be handing in my old cup on thursday. I cant bloody wait. My cup was very sensitive and always had vibrations on the steering. I know all cups have torque steer etc but mine was terrible, a very bad last 6 months, im kind of glad to get rid of it for a new one. I did think about the 182 but the monthly payment are too expensive.

What do you lot think, 10,990 for a december 2003 cup, my montly payments will be cheaper and so will the lump sum after 3 years.

not too bad. However I too got a pre-registered 53 with 5 miles on for £10,500 from renault wolverhampton. Plus free supaguard and full tank of fuel.

Try and get some matts, fuel and tax if you can.

Quote: Originally posted by RAY 187 on 13 April 2004

I pick up the new cup on Thursday with only 10 miles on the clock for 10, 990, is that a good price or have i been over charged.
What do you lot think, 10,990 for a december 2003 cup, my montly payments will be cheaper and so will the lump sum after 3 years.
Sound like a good buy. Did the dealership aks if your car had been in an accident etc and so offer a lower part ex on your car?

Yeah, amke sure you get tax, a years worth. the dealer will go "well, hmm, not sposed to" but he will. Also, dont be worried about being cheeky, tell him "ill take the existing tax disc off my current car" ... i did this when I part exchanged... it hit him, but hey, if its still got a few months on it then its worth a few notes still.

Most importantly... dont be over keen to get the new car. Of course your drooling to get the new car, but dont make it obvious. You must always make the dealer work 4 the sale. If you walk in and basically say "how much" he will let you know how much, and give you nothing else.

Make the dealer work to "sell" you the car, rather than "offer" it to you. If he is trying to sell the car to you... then you will see things like "ok free mats" and "full tank" :D

Thanks for all the tips

They will be taxing the car for a year, starting from this month, thats good news, Its going to be diffucult running the car in all over again and not being able to put the pedal to the metal for a month or two.

Regarding Matts i already have a set of Williams