ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup problems sorted...???

Peddled device
They say its ready to be collected....my beloved 172Cup with a dodgy front right noise....!

They say its job number 5520 that they have done....!

They say it was 4mm out and evident it was rubbing....!

They say it might have also curred the clonking noise....!

I'll let you know what l said when i've tried it...fingers crossed!

172 Cup
I'm just about to pick my Cup up from Reno with exactly the same problem but on the off side!!
Difference is that they've told me that there's nothing wrong with the suspension and that somehow the clonking whining noise is down to me needing new discs and pads!!!!????!!!
All together now......BULLSH*T!!!!!!!!

172 cup TT
Mmm yep, Letchworth dealer was utter pap... went in with a gear box vibration and crunching, came out with new gear box, new clutch and new ENGINE!!!

Peddled device
WAAAAAAAYYYHHHHHHHHEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAA!!!!!

The noise from the top of the strut has gone. YES.......thats 'gone' as in Reno have fixed it after four goes.YES......thats 'four' as in 'four bast*rd times i've had to take it in with Reno saying theres nowt wrong,sorry,they all do that noise as if your cars gonna break in two'.

(Job number 5520 l was told)

Not had chance to test for the clunking noise yet though.

Happy Xmas from all at Reno!

Rallypug

sorry i have not got back to you with some feedback in regards to the engine mounts.

The service manager was very helpful as he came out with me for a test drive, and heard the noise for himself.

The rte engineer and a person from renault u.k had the car for 3 days, they done another modification on the front drivers side engine mount and told me it was sorted. Got the car back and guess what its still there if anything sounding even worse.

Rang the service manager again, cars booked in for the 4th jan, he has told me he is not giving me the cup back until its sorted out completely, he has also booked me a Megane to drive for the duration that my cup is there with them.

Rallypug

could i ring up the service manager and tell him job number 5520 or is that your reference number that renault gave you once you booked your car in.

please let me know.

cheers

Peddled device
Someone on here said it was data sheet TI 1505 and Reno Manchester said it was TI 5520. Give 'em a call and ask if have seen these.....then it should be sorted.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Pocket Rocket said:
Rallypug

sorry i have not got back to you with some feedback in regards to the engine mounts.

The service manager was very helpful as he came out with me for a test drive, and heard the noise for himself.

The rte engineer and a person from renault u.k had the car for 3 days, they done another modification on the front drivers side engine mount and told me it was sorted. Got the car back and guess what its still there if anything sounding even worse.

Rang the service manager again, cars booked in for the 4th jan, he has told me he is not giving me the cup back until its sorted out completely, he has also booked me a Megane to drive for the duration that my cup is there with them.

Know its not good having the problem, but thats great customer service, at least you feel like the dealers on your side. Should be more dealers like that.

Peddled device
The guy at Reno Manchester was very helpful.He came out in the car to hear the noise then told me to wait until he was off his hols so he could work on the car.