ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer lower arm uni ball

Just about to order the laguna hub pins from optimiz access, they also do the uniballs for 40 euro each. Its a 16x38x15-21 uniball. Anyone know if you can get them from here? Would help save on extra import tax.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Any bearing shop can supply them mate. You’ll just have to give them the dimensions. They can work off SSA 16, but from my experience they got the wrong bearings. However they did rectify the problem!

Was that optimiz or a shop over here that had the wrong ones? Also on your rcc hubs, does the uniball slot into the bracket with ease or is it a very light press fit? Reason I ask is I was looking at a uniball weld cup from a site and they said this isnt suited for rally or circuit only oval racing.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Do not order the hub pins from Optimiz

They are wrong!! They are remade but they’ve copied the pin incorrectly

Optimiz pin is on the right. It doesn’t fit the hub properly. I’ll find the video now

With bearings it’s either the optimaz uniball

Or from abc bearings
GXOW16.38MS
Or the AURORA bearing posted below

all around £40 each

21655325-F091-447D-B0E0-6D8A60460A29.jpeg
80C76AE8-5F0A-47D4-AB70-AD68D65D8F9A.jpeg

Uh oh.. thanks for letting me know mate, my hubs haven’t arrived yet (across the channel jobbie) but mine look exactly the same as the wrong ones anyway.

Would they offer a refund? Annoying as I paid import tax and fedex wanted an extra fee too!

Where did you get the correct ones?

They didn’t want to know mate. I even sent them that video and they blamed the hub but I have 6 of these cup racer hubs and it was the same in each one

I run a shorter rally one now but they’re from https://boutique.jacques-point.fr/index.php?id_product=316&controller=product

You’d just need the circuit ones
I thought theyd be funny about it being from another country. Ill get on to my bank about it.

Thanks for the link! Saves any custom stuff or dishing out ££££

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I thought theyd be funny about it being from another country. Ill get on to my bank about it.

Thanks for the link! Saves any custom stuff or dishing out ££££
I’d try them in your hub 1st for sure.

What are you doing about track rod ends because there is 2 options there and you may need more stuff off the website I just sent you

I’d try them in your hub 1st for sure.

What are you doing about track rod ends because there is 2 options there and you may need more stuff off the website I just sent you

I bought the cup inserts from optimiz, hopefully they are correct. If I dont use them I have the bump steer kit from pms as well.

IMG_1756.JPG

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I bought the cup inserts from optimiz, hopefully they are correct. If I dont use them I have the bump steer kit from pms as well.

Cool so you’re doing it right.
If you use the pms stuff get the other insert from jacques point then drill out from 10mm to 12mm.
I’m surprised Nick himself hasn’t done this with himself because the others running that kit on Laguna hubs have a 12mm to 16mm hole 😂

I’ll bare that in mind thanks. I originally fit the pms kit some years ago but there wasn’t enough articulation with the joint and it fouled. As the hubs had already been drilled out I fit a Nissan s15 bump steer kit. I’m thinking another s15 kit because I prefer the black over zinc plated 😂

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Looks good but you might find the steering arm won’t need spacing lower at all on the Laguna hub as the steering arm point is considerably lower than a 172/182 hub

No good.. Perhaps If I get my bank to sort it out, Ill save these for someone to machine down and have 2 different lengths if I want to play around with the geometry

IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG