ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup rev limit

In the new PGTI mag there is a reveiw of the cup, and it says that the rev limit is at 8k revs is this true? i thought it was 7k!?!?!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, I also read that it was 8000rpm, but I am sure its 7250rpm like the normal 172s...

Someone who has a Cup can quickly tell us if this is the case!

Come on the cup owners!!! the only thing that i can think of is that it was chipped or somint and the rev limit was increased!

It even says in the magazine that one of the differences between the cup and the 172 is the increased rev limit! surely it cant be a misprint, or something was modified to there cup?!?!

Mine hits the limiter at 7250 RPM, but only when its warmed up, it has a lower limit when its not so warm. After about 15 mins of driving is gives you the full 7250 rpm. I have only tryed this in the first 3 gears though, it may have a lower limit in 4th and 5th.

Scott

Nissan R35 GT-R

Spot on - Mine is 7,250rpm when warm.

Very few cars are engineered to rev to 8k from the showroom with a price tag of £13k if any at all!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

what is the point even if the cup did rev to 8000 rpm ?

I mean your pretty much out the powerband, cause changing down a gear will bring you right at the start of the powerband again.

so I dont see the point in increasing the rev limit unless your changing cams and really modding the car for top end power..

Dont trust anything that renault says

limiter on my 1.2 beast should be 6250, yet at the mids rr day at wilcox engnineering they managed to rev mine to 6500 (obviously does the engine no good, but how??)

Civic Type R showroom price was £15995 when I went in looking at them before getting my 172. Plus thats without any of the extras that shouldnt be extras IMO. Its a nice car (really nice), but not worth the money if you ask me.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 26 February 2003

Dont trust anything that renault says

limiter on my 1.2 beast should be 6250, yet at the mids rr day at wilcox engnineering they managed to rev mine to 6500 (obviously does the engine no good, but how??)

mine went to 6500 @ bb tuning bam

Quote: Originally posted by mikeherts on 26 February 2003

Civic Type R showroom price was £15995 when I went in looking at them before getting my 172. Plus thats without any of the extras that shouldnt be extras IMO. Its a nice car (really nice), but not worth the money if you ask me. <SCRIPT language=javascript>

Yeah air con (not climate control) is over a grand

who mentioned a diff ECU then. And i dont suppose PGTi are the most technically minded about. Not many mags are.

i think we established its not in Rens interest to use a diff map.

And why would it rev higher?!!??

Read the Diff Cup ECU thread.