ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Splitter

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just killed my front splitter during a drive around the Lake District today on a road called "The Struggle".

As it's missing about 30cm of the splitter, I need to buy a new one but Renault Manchester have quoted me £150! Does anyone know if you can get them cheaper anywhere else? Do all Renault dealers charge the same? Also, do you know if we can get discounts at Renault dealers?

RobSplitter2.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ouch mate sorry to see that

i know arnold clark give you a 10% disscount card when you buy a car from them that you get disscount on parts and services etc your dealer might have done the same have a look in your little folder thing but even at that its only gona save you £15 or somthing

check the for sale section mate

ive got a brand new one in my garage that i still havent got round to fitting yet.. will fit it in 2006 when im back in the engineering yard so i can use the pit.

i paid about 50/60 quid, seems the going rate on here.

here's my effort at donnington:

11092005(013).jpg

Peugeot 207 GT THP
I remember yours happenin Guy. I looked in the for sale section but couldn't see any threads, other than the one for the group buy. I'm guessing that might take a little time to arrange and I'd really like to get one and get it fitted this week, if possible, whilst I'm off work. Also checked ebay, but no luck there either.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
That looks pretty good actually from the photo. Has anyone got one of these in their car and if so, what do you think of them?

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Just ordered the carbon fibre splitter from Ktech. With the cliosport discount and delivery included it came to £108 and something pence, which I thought was a bit of a bargain when Renault wanted £150 just for a black plastic one. Thanks for the advice.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Well the new carbon fibre splitter arrived from Ktech this afternoon but the weave is seriously flawed and it looks a mess. This is right at the point where the splitter meets the bottom of the bumper and lasts for at least 1/3 of the length of the splitter, which means it'd really stand out if it was fitted to the car. I've phoned them and they're going to send another one out by courier. Has anyone else had this problem?

Peugeot 207 GT THP
I know. If they hadn't put that I probably wouldn't have bothered as I didn't want the hassle that I'm now faced with. Wanted to get it fitted to the car this week whilst I'm off work. Now, with Christmas and New Year, it's probably going to be January before I'm able to fit it. :dapprove:

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Well the second carbon fibre splitter arrived from K-tec today. The quality's definitely better than the first one, but it's still far from being anything close to perfect. In addition, there was no fitting kit with it.

Has anyone else any experience of these splitters or even any other carbon fibre products? If so, what was the finish of the carbon weave like? This is distorted in places and I don't think the quality reflects the write up they give on their website. I'm not sure though if I'm being too fussy.

I'll call them again in the morning but just wondered what you guys thought. Given that the carbon weave is so obvious when you look at something like this, would you expect to see any distortion in it? Unfortunately, I can't post any pics at the moment to show you what I mean. :(

at the end of the day.. they try to claim its perfect on their website when it clearly isnt.. it doesnt say on their website that the weave may be subject to imperfections ! else it wouldnt sell. suppose most people just think ''its not too bad i suppose, i'll just fit it anyway''

Peugeot 207 GT THP
That's what my mate said who's just had a look at it. Mind you, he did admit that he was more taken with the fact that it's carbon fibre and wants one for his 106 GTI! LOL. Not sure what to do now though. :S

im a perfectionist myself so i wouldnt accept it and would ratehr put a normalplastic one on than a slightly dodgy carbon one.. because the imperfections would stand out to me EVERY time i looked at the front of the car and it would REALLY start to pee me off..
up to you like.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Guy, I think you've just typed what I really wanted to hear. I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to my car so if it's bothering me now, I'm never going to be happy with it on the car. I'll phone K-tec tomorrow and see what they say about collecting it and giving me a full refund.

if they wont refund you in full this time, request one more replacement.. 3rd time lucky and all that..

then surely if that comes and its dodgy then you can phone and explain politely 3 failed attempts at supplying you with a product that is fit for purpose and as described, is more than taking the piss..

172 phaseII
i have hit mine a couple of times on bumps, and a mate has snapped his before. very expensive for how fragile they are!lol

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Spoke to K-tec this morning and they suggested that I should get a refund :D which was fine by me. The splitted got collected by courier this afternoon so hopefully they'll refund me pretty quickly. Now to find a replacement.

so they basically said that they cant supply one of acceptable build quality, your too much of a perfectionist and its costing money to keep sending you replacements so please take a refund, cos theyre all poor quality.

well done ktec.. lol

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Haha. I explained everything to the guy I spoke to, who was actually the person I spoke to last week and therefore remembered it. He then put me onto someone else who said he's personally inspected the second splitter before sending it to me and couldn't see anything wrong with it. I assured him that there was plenty wrong with it and that this had been agreed by someone else. His answer to this was basically that they should collect the splitter and give me a refund. I agreed. :)