ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup springs or prolines

hi my rear spring has snapped on my 172 cup so i was wondering if i should just replace with standerd cup springs for prolines im not after a drop in ride hight really just better handling so are the prolines any better than the cup springs or not

ex-H&R'd Cup
i wanna know this aswell mate.

Can anyone tell me if its worth the £400 for a full set of cup springs when i can get prolines for £150. I dont wanna make a harsh ride as im getting rid of my H&R's which are shaking the car to bits to be honest!

I'd personally go for the Sportlines (the other springs Eibach do) I got a price from Renault for a new rear spring and they quoted me £80+ just for one.

Megane R26
I had to make this decision in January when i snapped a front spring on my 182 (cup packed), i ended up going for the pro lines and I'd defiantly recommend them i to wasn't bothered about the drop in height however you can notice it when compared to a standard car, very subtle though and as for the handling the car feels better now, much more plated over the rough British roads.

Hope that helps your decision(s) :)

Clio 182 with cup kits
i had this dilemma and eventually went for sportlines. They lower it just a little bit more that the cup and proline springs but hardly much at all. they relly make a difference in the handling. The prolines are supposed to be the better performance to the sportline but don't look quite as good height wise. imo

Fiesta ST-2
Are the drops for prolines quoted for the cup'd 1*2's?
Mine's not cupped so maybe I'll see 30mm difference with the pro's perhaps?

PH1 172 Sport
I got pros and they lowered the car quite a bit especially at the rear. I'm glad I didn't go for sportlines as my car wouldn't get in and out the car park at work.