ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup springs

clio williams n0.26
does anyone know by how much more 172 cup springs lower the car compared to the normal 172 springs, any clues to the poundage would also b helpful
thnx:)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
No idea mate - all i can tell you is that williams springs are exactly the same as 172 springs. You can ID them by the white paint markings on them. The cup springs have a yellow and white marking on them and they are interchangable with willy ones.

V V caught me out there - was rushing ;) V V

Last edited:
  cock mobile.
I think the Cup was stated as 3mm lower than a normal 172; altough for some reason it looks like more to me.

clio williams n0.26
thnx ppl, yeah the standard 172 springs are the same as the willy's, my car is currently lowered by -25mm but i want to raise it a touch but not go back to standard.

which is why im working on the idea of using cup springs.

any idea on how much cup springs go for, best places to buy them (other than renault):)

ebay or on here, about £30 :)

If I can find (or if anyone has) a recent pic of my car, I'm running them on a williams wide track. It's a lot lower than Willy 001 is!

clio williams n0.26
thnx for the willy pic, (the car looks pristine:D ), i can safely say i wont b goin back to standard ride, its just asking to be dropped a touch.
the pic though does give a good indication of the standard ride hieght.

final abode said:
sorry edde, so wat u mean is that it wont exactly be 7mm?
Was just saying the 172 wan't 3mm lower I've been reading the tech spec recinetly and its 7mm lower at the front and 5mm at the back. However ther tolerance on those measurments are quite big so i won't matter.

final abode said:
wat do u mean by the tolerance? sory im a bit slow:eek:
It is like saying a part can be 5mm long but so long as it between 3 and 6 its acceptable. Its just there so that you know what will fit together as the desinged intended.

clio williams n0.26
:) thnx does give a much better indication to how low the cup springs go.
has the back been lowered ?, looks a touch lower than the front,

clio williams n0.26

final abode said:
Nope, not that I know of!

Standard genuine replacement Williams shocks and a torsion bar at what I think is standard height.

Don't forget that I might have had loads in the boot and a full tank of petrol, therefore making it lower - can't remember what was in it now! lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lewisniven said:
i always think the FF's look lower than my cup, must be some illusion, lol.

me too, mine looks 4x4 in comparision :dapprove:

Golf GTI PP Mk7
^^isnt urs on h&r's tho? when im sh1tt1ng out £50 notes mine will be on h&r's too, really finishes it off.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lewisniven said:
^^isnt urs on h&r's tho? when im sh1tt1ng out £50 notes mine will be on h&r's too, really finishes it off.

yes it is on H&Rs, i meant in standard set up, cups seem to look higher than standard 172's