ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup with sunroof??

J

JACKO CUP 172!

some 1 i know has got a cup with a sun roof:eek: :eek: . has any 1 else got a sunny on there cup??he said there there were only 50 made or something like that??

jacko

Ad

MK2 FRS
Have you seen it???

No RS had sunroofs as far as i know. Pretty confident on that at as well. Sounds very dodgy.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

yeah me and den v6 only noticed it the other night.i have never seen 1 with a sun roof.looks the same as my cup but has got a gash roof on it.

A Real Cup
Certainly doesn't mention anything on 172cup.co.uk about sunroofs and thats some of the best back ground reports I've seen!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

Davehughes said:
i have never seen one, nice avatar buy the way jacko lol
quality avatar. the 3 amigoes.lol

does go like a cup just thought it was a bit strange as i have never seen 1 before. random..

easy enough done
7376520.jpg

Needs something extra to help cool down in the summer lol

I take it nobody else has looked at the roof of thier clio when it's damp, can quite clearly see the outline for where it goes, panel must be ooh 1 mm thick if that.

The Cup never came with a sunroof but the full fat 172 abroad I belive could have sunroofs fitted from the factory.

Its not difficult to put a sunroof in it the cars had a crash and the roofs bent its an idea swop as you can pick them up cheap.

Day said:

I take it nobody else has looked at the roof of thier clio when it's damp, can quite clearly see the outline for where it goes, panel must be ooh 1 mm thick if that.

LOL yeah I've seen the sunroof shaped hole in the snow on the roof of my 182 :clown:

Mondeo TDCI 130
A bloke put a sunroof in a can for my dad, and brought the wrong template!! cut the hole about 4cms to big!!:S , van had a hole in the roof until he came back with the roof that fit!! think he felt a plonker!:eek:

Tangoed Works
^^^ how unique, thought they didnt have them to improve structural rigidity! :-( I want a sunroof, I miss not having the light shining down on me.

BMW M135i
jayxx83 said:
^^^ how unique, thought they didnt have them to improve structural rigidity! :-( I want a sunroof, I miss not having the light shining down on me.
You don't, the bloody thing will only rattle, groan and creak. :dapprove:

Never an option, it was rigidity and the alloy braces running accros the roof. IIRC

Still never fittted to any RS Clios

R

Rebecca

I am pretty sure it wasn't an option on them too. it would add more weight surely as it would need strengthening for the roof.

I can see the point of it on a cup (if the have got a cup with no cc etc) but on a normal 172/182 with climate I don't see the point. I think sunroofs look cr*p these days presonally.

Actually edit that, I don't see the point of one on a cup at all !!

The sunroof doens't have any real affect on chassic stenght there the same shells the 1.2 and 172 etc.
The 172 roof panel doesn't have any aditional strenghting from memory.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Roy Munson said:
Day said:

LOL yeah I've seen the sunroof shaped hole in the snow on the roof of my 182 :clown:

I saw this tonight! What the hell is it there for?

polarbert said:
I saw this tonight! What the hell is it there for?
Same panle in the normal and RS foots just the none RS Uk cars have a piece removed to make a sunroof during the construction of the roof the normal once arn't removed.

Elise/VX220/R26
sunroofs were deffo never an option not on UK cars or any others. I remember my dad having a sunroof fitted on a car once. Pretty nerve jangling watching some bloke chop a big hole in your new car.

I think I'm gonna get one in the VX ;)

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i will have to tell the ol boy he has got a pretend cup. dont yhink he will like that much. lol

Punto/Clio GTT
Day said:

.7 guage i think lol

i wouldnt buy another car with a sunroof, first two cars had them, and both leaked.. plus i never used it!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i hate the noise they make when they r open. does my ears in big time.