ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cups and MOTs

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
you know all this hooha over Cups not having the pipe on the rear breaks and all failing MOTs?! well the DoT have told all MOT testing places to take the VIN and Chassis numbers, and check to make sure they are genuine Cups and not stickered up ones! if all is present and correct give them the pass certificate. :D

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
About time too!!!! My cup has 6 month before an MOT. This is the first car i've ever had MOT'd, I must like it a lot to keep it 3 years!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yeah my mate does mot's they had all the info through last week regarding cups etc, if the tester isn't sure what model it is, they can check by chassis numbers as said above

Yeah only the nutty non-ABS 172 Cups. Glad this is finally resolved, not MOT'd until December but good to know it should be ok.

DC5
Wot is the prob with yours Iain?

Are they saying it is cos the compensator is missing, or cos the rear brakes aren't efficient enough, which they then put down to it not having a rear compensator?

I had quite a few problems trying to get mine through its MOT, and Renault UK were no help what so ever. Said they hadn't even heard of the problem.