ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup's replacement

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
After selling my clio track car to Stu a few weeks ago , I wasn't really planning on buying anything but then this came up damaged/repaired for a price I couldn't pass up.
This will now be my new daily/track car :smile: after also selling my X5 this week as i no longer need it to tow with.

2014 Fiesta ST-2

1447968714.jpg

1447968828.jpg

1447968833.jpg

1447968841.jpg

On the way up the road I made a call to Sitech Racing and ordered all the parts to take it to Revo stage 2 so around 230 bhp :smile:
I also fitted Mountune springs to lower it a little and soften up the harsh standard ride, and a triple R splitter.

So 2 weeks later this is how it now looks .

1447967027.jpg

1447435951.jpg

1447435957.jpg

1447967016.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
It was fixed when i bought it but worth think a few thou , as it needed a few airbags and 1/4 repair. Luckily it was rear damage so not as much little parts to replace , like in front end damage.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip its down as a cat C , but I've seen others with similar damage going down as cat D .
I really just bought the wheels as they are light and had new tyres on them, ideally I wanted a set of old style comp MO 5's .
I will probably get a set of 888's for the standard wheels to use on track.

It was cheap enough that the sale of my 2003 cup, that was in fairness a very good spec , has paid for a 230bhp 1 year old car .

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know what the damage was caused by, just out of interest?

Is there still a dent in the rear wing or is that just a nice shine? (cant see on phone properly)

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
My old daily 182 cup was a cat d and never gave any problems. As long as they have been fixed properly it doesn't bother me as long as bought cheap.

It is just the light in the picture. It caught a kerb and the back beam moved and put the wheel into the 1/4. I have pics of before and during the repairs.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My old daily 182 cup was a cat d and never gave any problems. As long as they have been fixed properly it doesn't bother me as long as bought cheap.

It is just the light in the picture. It caught a kerb and the back beam moved and put the wheel into the 1/4. I have pics of before and during the repairs.

Those pictures will sell the car alone when you decide to get rid!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
New front brakes sorted for track next year , will probably fit the larger mondeo rear discs to balance it back up.

12274454_10205081610495706_3378172653978683362_n.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip im going to not let this one run away and go too extreme like the clio did.
The brakes on the fiesta are known to warp on track quickly , so trying to address the common faults/failings before taking it on track next year.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got a chance to fit my brakes today ,:)

I was tempted to paint them red but decided to leave them black ,and paint the rear callipers to match when i fit the 280mm rear discs.

1451322395.jpg

1451322404.jpg

I have also agreed to buy a oil catch tank and symposer delete bung so hope to get those fitted later in the week.

1451323842.jpg

Im also hopefully going to pick these up tomorrow to use as track wheels 16" pro race 1.2 , in ET 38 so should hopefully clear the brakes with 3mm spacers

1451323745.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up my 16's yesterday so tried them on today to make sure brake clearance was ok, I ended up fitting a 5mm front spacer but would of probably got away with a 3mm.

1451832386.jpg

1451834548.jpg

The new toyo T1R's will be coming off and going up forsale and will see what 16" track tyres are available, always use to run A048's on my clio.

I also blanked the symposer ready for the oil catch tank to be fitted, used a £5 ebay bung rather than paying £30 for the same thing from Mountune.

1451832375.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Few recent changes now has it looking like this , the orange wheels are still going to be used for track.

Will hopefully be going in to get detailed this week , by the same place that did my Porsche last month.

1455991278.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks i do like them from a side profile but from the front they stick out s little too much.
Still not done any track days in this yet but it's been a ideal daily , still tempted to put some BC coilovers on it to smooth out the ride and allow adjustability for track.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Few changes on this recently , i have removed the side skirt splitters as after fitting some B14 coilovers they made getting even a low jack in a bit of a pain.
I have sold the K sport brakes and went back to standard for now but these will be getting uprated disks and pads soon, still havent had it on track but did just have some A048's fitted to the orange track wheels.

Im actually half tempted to sell it as im missing something with a bit more luxury as a daily , so if anyone is interested 9200 takes it and would take a cheap 172/182 in px to have as a cheap track car.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
H
Few changes on this recently , i have removed the side skirt splitters as after fitting some B14 coilovers they made getting even a low jack in a bit of a pain.
I have sold the K sport brakes and went back to standard for now but these will be getting uprated disks and pads soon, still havent had it on track but did just have some A048's fitted to the orange track wheels.

Im actually half tempted to sell it as im missing something with a bit more luxury as a daily , so if anyone is interested 9200 takes it and would take a cheap 172/182 in px to have as a cheap track car.
Hurry up n get back up to the track....:). Cars looking good mate, don't part with it until you've had it out!!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks to Craig i'm now booked up for my first track day in it , so will get some uprated disks and pads ordered up asap.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Well somehow ended up going online to buy disks and pads for a trackday , and ended up with a short shift and larger lower boost pipework as well 😂 need to do as much as possible to keep up with the clios on track.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Old vs new

1466006121.jpg

New discs and pads all round

1466006128.jpg

New wheels on and fogs removed will be getting ducted for brake cooling.

1466006130.jpg

Have my first trackway in this car booked for tomorrow night hope it stays dry so I can get the track wheels on with A048's