ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom Cliosport.net NFC Tags

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Have been looking into getting some of my own custom NFC Tag for myself.
Then had the idea of getting some Cliosport.net ones made.
The idea would be that they could be loaded with Cliosport.nets web address or left blank for people to write their own information too.
For Example you could get a Cliosport.net tag which you can then load the address for your build thread on CS.
Stick it to the rear window and anyone with a NFC compatible phone could then scan and be able to read what you have done.

Or you could load it with your own settings and have it on your dashboard to set up your phone for use in the car.

Just an idea but what do you think guys ?

@Brian @Sunglasses_Ron @The Boosh!

Reactions: -J-

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah maybe but with QR you have to take a picture of the code.
NFC your phone only has to be near it I believe.

True, though don't you have to go real close for the NFC to work?

Not sure too many people would want people basically rubbing their phones across your car :D

I like the idea, but not sure how much use it would get, as people struggle enough with QR codes, NFC seems to be hardly used at all tbh.

Simon_16v

ClioSport Club Member
With NFC you have to be within 4" afaik. Still it's quite a good idea tbf, if you could get ones printed with the CS logo and 'build thread' underneath I'd buy one :).

I bought some cheap NFC tags off ebay to mess about with and so far so good with them.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Have been looking into getting some of my own custom NFC Tag for myself.
Then had the idea of getting some Cliosport.net ones made.
The idea would be that they could be loaded with Cliosport.nets web address or left blank for people to write their own information too.
For Example you could get a Cliosport.net tag which you can then load the address for your build thread on CS.
Stick it to the rear window and anyone with a NFC compatible phone could then scan and be able to read what you have done.

Or you could load it with your own settings and have it on your dashboard to set up your phone for use in the car.

Just an idea but what do you think guys ?

@Brian @Sunglasses_Ron @The Boosh!

So then they know the extras fitted to the car that they're stealing in this area.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Scan here to see if this car is worth stealing. great idea guys...

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ok probably not the build thread idea.
But could have one in the car to set your phone to in car use.
Open Maps, Set to Bluetooth mode things like that.
As I said just an idea.

Simon_16v

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a lot harder than my first car!

On a Corsa without central locking you can gain access through the boot in about 5 minutes....I found out as I locked the keys inside 😅

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds like a lot harder than my first car!

On a Corsa without central locking you can gain access through the boot in about 5 minutes....I found out as I locked the keys inside 😅
Not when you just crack the glass and use a stick to hit the unlock button.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh I suppose with the button being quite accessible, surprised Clios didn't come with deadlocks
Locked my keys in the car once, didn't take long to get them out again, ease sunroof up then feed a pole in to click button.