ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

custom exhausts (in scotland)

a burnt one
im in fife, so im pretty central to everywhere, 50 mins from glasgow and edinburgh, as long as its not in the highlands

1) i dont know how to understand the accent

2) im just not going that far

theres a powerflow centre just down the road from me but they are a renowned garage for ripping you off, being the only custom place around they can basically charge what they like, glasgow or edinburgh would be better as the more competition the lower the prices!!:D

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well freeflow is in Shotts and has mixed reviews, crd is a powerflow place in east calder, so prob what Jonesy means. Sounds of silence in Boness as well. C+C is in Hillington in Glasgow and Meercat is in Ayrshire I think.

a burnt one
this the same crd who go to crail with the supra?

i spend vast amounts of time drooling over there website with the mucho imported jap toys

which place you reccomend then mate, im presuming they all use the same grade stainless so basically it would be down to who has the best reviews

i stumbled across motorsportworld website and they do a custom job, also supplied my lowering springs without any hassle.

so has anyone had an exhaust from any of johns mentioned places?

tiTTy & SV650
calder motors are renknowned and I wouldn;t go there myself.

There's drivers in Glasgow too

A well built VW
Calder isnt that where KDF got his doen and he had nothing but praise iirc , might wanna try eastsideperformance in Kelty heard some good things about them and theres one in Falkirk im sure its called http://www.stainless-creations.co.uk
If your in Fife im sure i can guess which garage your on about lol - SHOCKING Workmanship (Im a Dunfy boy)

tiTTy & SV650
well all i've heard re calder is shady imports, I went to look at a CRX years ago and didnt think much of them, maybe the workshop area is better.

a burnt one
powerflow website says they use t-304 stainless, which is the same as motorsportworld, and much much more

stainless is stainless whatever grade you use, i dont want one thats gonna waken the neighbours, whatever grade you get its going to come with a lifetime guarantee and wont rust

ST
Well KDF on here has a powerflow from CRD and it has surface rust on it...

They 'say' they use 304....doesnt mean they do..

tiTTy & SV650
stainless is stainless yes but different grades tarnish easier some grades are magnetic some arent etc etc they're defo not all the same.

tiTTy & SV650
stainless steels are only stainless in certain applications, hence the different grades. If you used cutlery grade stainless for an exhaust you might see rust occur.

The main thing that contributes to exhausts rusting is the temperature, it speeds up corrosion massively. So if you use the wrong grade of stainless steel for an exhaust it could quite easily rust.

a burnt one
not being protective but im a CNC turner and work with metal every day, all stainless 416,431,303,316,409 and even military spec stainless.

it shouldnt rust but granted, when the wrong grade is used for the wrong application some surface rust may show, usually near to a weld join or bend or a tight angle, thats because bending stainless means it looses some of the qualities that make it immune to rust, all to do with atoms and oxygen being released, it will only be surface rust and a bit discolouration but its nothing to worry about, as it wont rot because the rust wont spread like it will in a ferrous material.

if grade 304 is good enough for me to make a hydraulic piston for a caterpillar digger or a missile casing for the M.O.D then its good enough for my exhaust.

my brains worked too hard now for a sat night, not being funny or argumentative either, i just wanna know who makes the best systems

Civic Vtec y0
Sounds Of Silence in Falkirk, never heard a bad word about him! Custom exhausts are a speciality!

Rb 182
EvilJohn said:
Well freeflow is in Shotts and has mixed reviews, crd is a powerflow place in east calder, so prob what Jonesy means. Sounds of silence in Boness as well. C+C is in Hillington in Glasgow and Meercat is in Ayrshire I think.

Dude im sure calder coachcarfts is a powerflow dealer they are in west calder.

Lou

gary l said:
any scottish boys know anyone who does a good custom exhaust?

i want twin exit pipes but wouldnt want to trust any old cowboy making cuts in my bumper:S

also seen this on ebay, what you all reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLIO-MK2-SAXO-STYLE-REAR-UNDER-BUMPER-DIFFUSER_W0QQitemZ8036858655QQcategoryZ23012QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Scottish Boys?? There are some females here too!!!

Anyway, my mate got his exhaust done at FreeFlow and they done a cracking job on it!

Octavia VRS
rory182 said:
calder motors are renknowned and I wouldn;t go there myself.

There's drivers in Glasgow too

You talking about Calder Coachcrafts mate?

I've heard they are quite good but not cheap. My mate used to take his Fiesta there years ago and is going back with his Evo 8

Octavia VRS
ahh right. Yeh looks like CRD is. Seen a lot of cars around my area with CRD stickers, usually they are all chavved up!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
from what ive heard the best custom exhaust place in scotland is in prestwick, but i cant remember what its called.
second best place is C+C in hillington.
ive had an exhaust from there ^ top notch.

STAY away from powerflow !

^^ thats from lots an lots of peoples opinions not just mine. know a few guys in the profession who also reckon the same.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Louise_Clio said:
Scottish Boys?? There are some females here too!!!

Anyway, my mate got his exhaust done at FreeFlow and they done a cracking job on it!

ooooh never realised we had a girl in scotland too :D

Banana
Stainless is not just stainless! I learnt the hard way. I got a crap stainless exhaust fabricated for my cup which was breaking at the welding points every fortnight. I eventually went to C+C in hillington who made me a proper t-304 one which has been solid ever since.

a burnt one
tell us all where you got the crappy exhaust then i wouldnt want to go there:dapprove:

and my sincere apologies to all the girlies;)

anybody got a contact number for sounds of silence then, cant seem to find a web address

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I am yet to hear of a PowerFlow exhaust that hasn't rusted in its lifetime without ott care.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
theirs a clio at falkirk college with a free flow system, sounds good and looks alright.

im getting mine done by motorsport world after seeing the pics of al's and hearing the videos of it, spot on.

The Beast MK4
I got mine at Zuast at Strathaven same as Al, Very happy and Simon the fitting centre manager is bang on. Got a mid section silencer in the other day so I shouldn't be deafening you lads in convoy now lol
Its still quite loud and still sounds mint, lost most of the pops and bangs though :(

RX7, 172, mini & van
I used Power flow at MMV performance in Stirling jsut down the road so handi.. You get a choise of tailpipes and how loud you would like it. Give em a call on 01786 448800.

DSC00704.jpg

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Hey guys, ye calder is stainless steel but its a low grade and is prone to surface rust. I can say that I got exactly the sound and look I was looking for but if I was to do it again I would go for dairy grade stainless steel..