ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom Inlet manifold

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'm looking at getting a custom inlet manifold made for my new turbo setup but wasn't sure how far from the head and at what angle to make the injector bosses. I have looked at a few designs and can obviously copy the original megane 225 inlet manifold position but is that the best place? Some seem to be right up next to the head and others look around 30mm away and all look about a 45deg angle?

If anyone knows the best way to calculate then please let me know.

Cheers

172 cup, Impreza P1
Think I'm sorted now. Got a design I've made up after doing all my calculations with runner lengths, plenum volume and taper, trumpet heights and angles and of course injector boss positions.

I'm going to use a megane 225 inlet manifold for the flange and injector bosses then everything else is new. The megane manifold runners will be ported to get the best shape and size for the rest of the manifold.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
sounds interesting, post pictures as you do it, what power are you going for? I assume something massive as standard clio manifold is fine for 500bhp anyway.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Only going for about 350 (for now) but want it to be as efficient as possible and the standard inlet is not that. Also want to reduce the weight and remove the need for the join in the upper and lower sections.

Also looking at custom tubular exhaust manifolds but that will be next.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'm with Chip, the standard inlet is fine, RStuning blew over 500bhp through a standard megane inlet which is a lot worse than a clios.