ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom ported inlets on ebay

Clio 182 cup
Just wondered what your thoughts are on these? The ones that come with the 64-65mm throttle body and has had porting done on the inlets and look all nice powder coated.. Ones I'm looking at is over £300

is it worth the money or do they make no difference? This is for my 182 cup as well if that's any help

thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Tb makes no difference.
Ive just had the one's on my ph1 done because the ph1 inlets have small port's.

Andrew ALD is doing mine along with porting ny head.

Range Rover Sport
I don't think you'd feel any gains but if you're feeling flush I can't see there being a downside.

I don't think the throttle body itself is all that restrictive I think £300 could be focused elsewhere which would make real world difference.

Clio 182 cup
And yeah I guess a half decent remap would be about that sort of price isn't it? I was thinking of getting another exhaust but I just found out one I have on is a custom meerkat one so just looking about what other goodies are worth buying

thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Its only the lower that's stamp RS and the ports are larger.

I bought a RS lower and got Andrew to port it some more to match the head.

On mine I did notice a difference but as I said the Ph1 172 dose have very small port's as standard.

Clio 182 cup
Ok that's handy to know, I guess it would hardly be worth the while unless I had a phase 1 and the ports are slightly smaller as you say.

Thanks for your help, see your from Essex phase1sr ? Where abouts? I'm in great dunmow Essex near stansted airport.

I looked into the bigger throttle body and found out test have been done with no gains to be had..

Inlet manifold have been tested and you do get a small gain but for £300 ints not worth it, I can port a inlet for half that but you won't get it back powder coated.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ok that's handy to know, I guess it would hardly be worth the while unless I had a phase 1 and the ports are slightly smaller as you say.

Thanks for your help, see your from Essex phase1sr ? Where abouts? I'm in great dunmow Essex near stansted airport.

Im in Tilbury mate.

hi mate, send the inlet or a spare inlet to me and ill do it for you for a swap of a part or something, just putting the idea out there, did my own and ported a few cyclinder heads and gti inlets in the past , with good results, regards, Mark

hi mate, send the inlet or a spare inlet to me and ill do it for you for a swap of a part or something, just putting the idea out there, did my own and ported a few cyclinder heads and gti inlets in the past , with good results, regards, Mark

You a flow bench to test them on?

phase 1 clio 172
i have a phase 1 with a ph2 inlet, would buying a ported top and bottom see me much difference to what i have now?