ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom spring rates - Gaz gha

Ph1 172, Accord
So due to a mixture of things (budget, warranty, customer service etc) I've decided on a set of gaz coilovers on my ph1 172.

Used the search function and as far as I can see with a separate rear spring/shock combo the ratio at the rear wheels is 2:1, therefore it's recommended that a stiffer rear spring is used compared to a typical coilover unit.

Gaz spring rates as standard:
Front - 335lbs
Rears - 260lbs

Now I'm building my car for fast road and track use and know this will be too soft for my requirements. I was thinking something along the lines of 400lbs front and 350lbs rears but am unsure really.

Any recommendations guys?

Ps please refrain from slating Gaz if you've had troubles in the past, I'm just here for spring rate advice.

Thanks.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Thanks fella.

I hope you were happy with the finish and the price?

Cheers

weeksy

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Very happy mate makes gaz a very good option when down time is cut to a minimum.. pricing was great too..

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Good man!

appreciate the feedback- will of course pass this back to them.

thanks

weeksy

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
They are 1:1 as you say fella. I read it that the stock location takes a spring rate of double that of a direct acting coil over.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Yes indeed my good man. You will see when the postie knocks on your door with a large parcel! And the rears have a spherical bearing lower mount, not sure if I mentioned that!

Clio 182
I'm after some advice with my Gaz gha on my 182 think I need higher spring rate, but I can't pm you!