ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need stiffer springs? :D

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi there,

After my last trackday I found this photo of me and while I do like the way it came out it looks like I might need stiffer springs, what do you think?
It's on GAZ GHA coilovers with std spring rates (275lb front and 225 or 250 -can't remember- rear). They are the new design with rear coilover style

Thx!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-08 at 16.50.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-08 at 16.50.41.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 119

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Essentially yes... 275lb is only roughly a 5kg spring.

I would go to a 450lb (8kg) spring on the front.

Ideally could do with a roll centre correction kit too.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
The car is not too lowered, only about 25mm, as I'm really not a fan of slammed look so I prefer saving myself couple of hundred pounds for the roll center kit and invest somewhere else. It's a 15 yo car, there's plenty to do lol!
But will think about some stiffer springs, not to stiff though as it's a road car aswell

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Do you run a rear anti roll bar? This will help to some extent for the front too as it will help to reduce the amount of lateral weight transfer.
You’ll notice a significant improvement in the way the car behaves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I have only one question. Is it a trackday car? If its used on the road primarily dont worry about it. Try a rear ARB and see how you are.