ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cut out bumper brackets clio 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone fully cut out their bumper brackets and retained a decent fitting bumper?

My bumper has quick release clips on but I want the corners to sit correctly if I remove the brackets.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have Louis

20220719_194802.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It slides into the wing and then I use the arch liners to connect it as there's no 10mm bolt from bumper to wing anymore. Never popped out that I know of and looks as it should.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Louis,

I clamped the bumper to the wing and drilled a 10mm hole through both at a suitable position. Then pushed a Subaru bumper clip through them to pin the two together. It holds the bumper perfectly aligned and can be removed without issue.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Louis,

I clamped the bumper to the wing and drilled a 10mm hole through both at a suitable position. Then pushed a Subaru bumper clip through them to pin the two together. It holds the bumper perfectly aligned and can be removed without issue.
You just remove your bracket completely too then?

I'm sure the side bumper clips will hold it in well enough anyway but wanted to check.

20220604_171735.jpg