ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cut out problem

It used to do it alot but then hadnt done it for a while until last night on the way home from work.

When i start slowing down to come to a stop, just before i stop the car cuts out on me. It seems to do it on the way to the motorway but once ive been on the motorway and come off it seems alright.

Could it be the alternator? the cars a 1.2 and im running a head unit, amp (powering two subs), undercar neons. Also at the time last night it was dark and wet. so i had the headlights on, front and rear wipers, etc.

What can i do?

Cheers

Craig.

My valva used to do exactly the same thing mate - just as you come to a stop the engine dies and u need to fire it up again - i thought it was my immobiliser to be honest but when i changed the belt and the cam belt it did nothing since - not saying this is ure prob but ive been there!

Thats just what happens. Its booked in for the belts changed so ill see what happens then. I actually thought it might be the alarm/immobilliser myself because half hour before it first ever happened i was driving down the road and realised the l.e.d on the dash for the alarm was still flashing to say that it was still switch on, so i pulled over turned the car off and turned the alarm back on/off and then went on my way.

Thats strange - i havent got a factory fit immy but when mine cut out my immobiliser did automatically switch itself on. It could simply be your belts slipping - how many miles has it done? I paid little attention to the prob at first and then my cam belt snapped and i needed to fit a new head (no small task!!) MAke sure that doesnt happen to you mate! Gud that uve got it booked in!

its done 45k, ive done 18k in about 10 months.

In the book it says somthing like every 70k or 6/7 years and its just turned 7 year old.

Its not been used too much then - but anything can make ure cambelt go - especially on clios- they are renowned. Make sure your alternator belt is in good nick and that your fuel pump isnt f*cked - if it isnt pushing enough fuel into the engine (hence the stopage at low speed) then that could be the source of your prob - make sure the garage dont try and fob you off with a load of bollox about getting a new head for it etc - costs about 1K!!! They tried it with me and i went and bought me own from a scrappy that works fine!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

either your idle valve is sticking(part of throttle body) on the D7F engine or the stepper moter could be faulty on the E type engine.on both types it could also be a faulty speedo cable sensor.