ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting out...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Past couple of days my car seems to idle at the bare minimum when i stop in traffic/junction and put the clutch in. After 10 secs or so it stalls. Happened this morning a few times but fine on the way home from work in traffic for an hour.

Just been out and its doing it again untill 5 mins before I get home and its fine.

Only thing ive done recently is installed my ICE. Other than that its running perfectly!

Any thoughts?

Skoda Fabia vRS

idle speed control valve

take it out an give it a good clean up, its happened to a lot of people, K-Tecs clio 16v had it aswell, david told me he took it out, cleaned it up, bit of WD40, sorted it

could also be faulty coolant temp sensor, which is a VERY common problem on Renaults, i changed mine a few weeks ago and the parts guy said that was his 10th today they had sold, and that was at about 1pm

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Yeah my thermostat is shagged I think. Ive bought a new one but not got round to fitting it yet. Engine temp is always cold and its drinking lots of coolant.

Been like it for a few weeks though but not been cuting out. Best get it swapped really! Do you know if its a hard job or should I just take it to my garage??

Cheers for the help Brun!

Skoda Fabia vRS

thermostat is diff from coolant temp sensor

i managed to change mine, an if i can do it anyone can

RS Clio 182

What year was your car made adams_2k? I had the same problem with a brand new clio 1.2 16v (02 plate) and Renault couldnt fix it. Took them seven months to admit that they couldnt find the fault but they eventually gave me another new car (now a 52 plate! - Even got another years free insurance!!!) Seven months of free motering!!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

its a 94 model mate. Its been fine all day today and last night!! Bizzare hope it stays this way!

Skoda Fabia vRS

clean out your ISCV, im 50% sure its that, im 49% sure it could be your Coolant Sensor