ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot

Clio Sport 172
Both my cv boots have split and are now being held on via cable ties LOL!

Any idea how much this is gunna cost to sort on average? parts and labour?

Also would it pass mot with cable tie on or not?

Thanks

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I got my right front done, however I didn't go for official renault because they are pap. My garage stuck on some rubber durable ones with a lifetime warranty on.

That costs me about £50-60 for the part, £100 fitted including fitting my exhaust.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
there are 2 on each side, inner and outer, outer ones are the ones that usually go, they are a rubber cone like boot that goes onto the back of the hub, holds shed loads of ming grease

PH2 172
there are 2 on each side, inner and outer, outer ones are the ones that usually go, they are a rubber cone like boot that goes onto the back of the hub, holds shed loads of ming grease

Ah, thought that was one - it's fine for now :p. Where's the inner one then?

audi a6 3.0tdi
mine failed its mot last year coz the cv boots had come off. i've replaced both driveshafts now so shouldn't have a problem for a while now. don't run it with the boots of for too long as its not a simple case of replacing the cv you have to do the whole driveshaft.

audi a6 3.0tdi
if you run it for any lengh of time with the cv boot off and the joint is damage then yes you have to replace the whole shaft as it can not be split.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ I had to replace my O/S driveshaft because the inner CV had gone, and got stung for it too :mad:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
only if the actual joint is knackered, if its just the boot thats split, then its a fairly easy repair

Lots of Alfas
As above, in this case if the clip has broke you need a new metal clip asap. Theres a bloke on ebay that sells them. Dont use jubilee clips as theres not enought clearence. Plastic ties wont last long if you plan on going over 55mph.

If the gaitor is split you can get a new gaitor kit from renault for about £16. If the joint has run dry and is damaged/knocking, you can get it refurbished/rebuilt or replaced at renault.