ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boots

Clio 2.0 172 Sport
Morning All

New to this site and my first post.

Recently aquired a Clio Sport 2.0 172 (53 plate), the service history is all local garages so I thought I would take it to my local Romford Renault garage to have it looked over. I have noticed the SERV and ABS light occassionally come on and they have said the CV Boots need doing on both sides as grease might be causing the problem. Firstly is this a likely cause and second at over £400 is this a tad steep?

Cheers
Dazzer

BMW M4; S1000 RR
There are more symptoms to knackered CV joints than a warning light.

Are there any noises coming from the wheels when you're driving ?

E46 M3
If the boots have just come off then repack them with CV grease and secure with a large jubilee clip. Its not the usual way of doing things but its the most reliable way of doing it.

If the boot is spilt then its a bit more envolved to change it.

Cup In bits
Sounds like grease is getting onto your abs rings bringing up your light, if no knocking/clicking coming from cv's while turning with a lot of steering lock on then just refit boots with new grease and jubilee clips or correct clamps and give everything a good clean.

Clio 2.0 172 Sport
Sounds like grease is getting onto your abs rings bringing up your light, if no knocking/clicking coming from cv's while turning with a lot of steering lock on then just refit boots with new grease and jubilee clips or correct clamps and give everything a good clean.

Would you say £400 is expensive or about the going rate?

Westfield, 182, 200
Would you say £400 is expensive or about the going rate?

That's 4 hours labour at Renault, and approx 8 hours at an Indi, seem steep to me. If they're not split, you can fit a jubilee clip around them with unbolting anything.

Ian.

Cup In bits
STEEP, I would charge a mate £20 quid to fix that. My local garage would be about £80, no need for renault to do a general garage job.