ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cyberpunk 2077

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
So I've heard bits and bobs about this in recent months but never really followed up on it. So last night watched the below video, I'm pretty impressed. The only RPG I've ever played is Fallout so I'm quite tempted by something Blade Runner-esk.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an upcoming role-playing video game developed and published by CD Projekt, releasing for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Adapted from the tabletop game Cyberpunk 2020, it is set fifty-seven years later in dystopian Night City, California, an open world with six distinct regions. In a first-person perspective, players assume the role of the customisable mercenary V, who can apply experience points to stat upgrades to reach prominence in the character classes NetRunner, Techie, and Solo. V has an arsenal of ranged weapons and options for melee combat, all of which can be proliferated and modified. Travelling across Night City, V is subject to either walking or driving various vehicles.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Fap fap fap.

I’ve literally been waiting for this for years.

How populated the streets are is pretty insane, it will be fun to see what impact that has on my cpu/gpu.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I was reading about this last night actually, looks good. Bit of a wait for it though! And that’s without any delays.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Bit of a wait? I think they announced it in 2012 lol. It'll be worth it, It'll be the first game in years that I'm going to take a week off work for.

F82 M4
Randy-ectoplasm.jpg

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Wish I had the spare time to do this game justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Lol - I get the feeling that I’m committing gaming blasphemy by not playing it. I know I’ll like it once I ‘get it’ - but it’s not pulled me in yet...

One of my favourite games and ive put so little hours into it compared to others!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - I get the feeling that I’m committing gaming blasphemy by not playing it. I know I’ll like it once I ‘get it’ - but it’s not pulled me in yet...
I’m the same. Got a few hours in, fucked up a few side missions, got confused to what was going on and turned it off.
Pretty sure it’s been deleted off my console now.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
So Cyberpunk 2077 has today gone GOLD, so it's November 19th release date is in stone... Cannot wait.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Definitely be getting this game like, looks really good visually and seems to have a good story to it too

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I'm looking forward to playing it on my PS5, it will be lucky to see the PS4 lol.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Haven’t seen all those videos you posted here like, I’ll watch the rest tomorrow. I’ve got my PS4 Pro up for sale if anyone is interested PM me.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to playing this on my PlayStation 7, Xbox One XXX or nVidia RTX 4080 Ti... :p
You weren't too far off your prediction, matey! :p

I'll get this - but no way on release day. I'll give it a few months at the very least - iron out the obvious patches, get the graphics profiles sorted, etc. With a game such as this and especially due to its complexity, there will be many fixes post launch. When something's broken or doesn't work as intended in a game, it's pretty hard to 'unsee' that knackered bit that you came across previously. The worst, is where initial saved games will not work with say the latest v1.2 patch, or something.

Let it get out there in the wild - let the dust settle, then buy it. I've been caught out in the past a few times and it just derails the experience for me a bit.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Is there any indication of benchmarks and how it runs on different hardware?
Gonna be sad when I'm stuck with povo graphics and 18fps on my 2070 super 😭

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Well it has to run ok on consoles, so can’t imagine it will run that bad on most PC’s tbh, there is so much hype around it it HAS to run well and be well optimised at this stage lol.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

I'll get this - but no way on release day. I'll give it a few months at the very least - iron out the obvious patches, get the graphics profiles sorted, etc. With a game such as this and especially due to its complexity, there will be many fixes post launch. When something's broken or doesn't work as intended in a game, it's pretty hard to 'unsee' that knackered bit that you came across previously. The worst, is where initial saved games will not work with say the latest v1.2 patch, or something.

Let it get out there in the wild - let the dust settle, then buy it. I've been caught out in the past a few times and it just derails the experience for me a bit.

This totally makes sense for most half finished games that are released these days, but I really hope it isn’t the case for 2077 as it could cause massive backlash given they have been working on it for like 6/7 years at this stage?! They said it was basically done 6 months ago and the drawn out Nov date was to play test it throughly but obviously we will see!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This totally makes sense for most half finished games that are released these days, but I really hope it isn’t the case for 2077 as it could cause massive backlash given they have been working on it for like 6/7 years at this stage?! They said it was basically done 6 months ago and the drawn out Nov date was to play test it throughly but obviously we will see!
It's almost a unique genre in game development itself. The level of checking, rechecking, testing and above all else - not to have broken plot lines amongst the story - must be a monumental task. More so that with any good RPG, you can approach the main story from a multitude of angles and with any number of characters and kit that they happen to be carrying. How you allow for that and cater for it within the confines of the game flow and setting, is frankly remarkable.

And that's not even getting near to the potential of DLCs and expansions. In its most simplistic form, what happens if on DLC 2, they offer a character class that's right up your street. You've already pumped 80hrs into the game - do you quit and start again? This is why I prefer to hang back a little and see what happens with a new release. Just as with Wasteland 3 that I was a backer for - it arrived last month and I've put a couple of minutes into it. Already, there have been a few patches that address broken stories and some that even improve the graphical experience. There's rumblings of DLCs too....

I can see myself doing exactly what I did with Wasteland 2 where I left it a while. Then it got rewritten with a new engine and had a load of dialogue and interactions added and renamed as the Director's Cut. I'd be a bit pissed if I'd put a lot of time into the broken (at times, impossible) original variant of it. Especially as the two versions of the game had incompatible saves from one another.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well... what can I say... :ROFLMAO::p

I was hoping to have my 3090 arrive before starting playing through this but I'm not sure that will happen now. Having missed out on the pre-orders, due to the bank declining my card at checkout (anti-fraud), I'm now waiting like everyone else. I tried via the nVidia developer programme but they have basically said 'no' as they are no longer offering GPUs and discounts, etc. like they used to. A couple of nights ago I signed up to the EVGA stock notification mailing list for the Ultra FTW3 edition but it could be well into 2021 before my allocation comes up. I just hope I'm not in work when it comes through as the secure email they send out is only valid for a few hours... and unpurchased allocations are returned back to the stockpile for the next customer if you miss your purchase slot! Anyways... I digress...

I also think waiting a short while is a sensible option as this game will have bugs. Some may be serious and some will only become evident once mass playing of the title comes into play. It's a hugely complex game and the chances of it working perfectly are slim to zero. Nay, they are zero. A patch or two will hopefully fix the worst offenders but I am with D on this one... I don't want to pump 75+ hours into the game, only to find a bug that means I can't complete a mission or I can't 100% the game. I had that issue with Witcher 3 (I think)... although I still went back and pumped another 185 hours into it. :ROFLMAO:

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The Witcher 3 had its fair share of issues at launch. CD Projekt are one of the best devs out there, but with games on the scale they are now issues are inevitable.

I bought Witcher 3 at launch and there was a bug that left me unable to progress for about a week where Geralt wouldn't jump properly and therefore I couldn't climb a ledge that I needed to.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
@SharkyUK lost all respect for you for buying a 3090 unless you’re a using for game development, not saying that because I’m ‘only’ getting a 3080 and I’m a dick but because for gaming it’s an utterly pointless purchase over a 3080.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
@SharkyUK lost all respect for you for buying a 3090 unless you’re a using for game development, not saying that because I’m ‘only’ getting a 3080 and I’m a dick but because for gaming it’s an utterly pointless purchase over a 3080.
:ROFLMAO: Oh, I dunno. Seems a bit of a dick comment to me but I guess that's me told, right? Sorry to cause offence (not that I expect you to know what I use the GPU for). Enjoy your 3080. (y) 'Tis a great card.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
@SharkyUK sorry mate that came across a lot more aggressive than it should of, apologies.
No offence taken mate, no ill-feeling whatsoever here! :cool:

(Perhaps I shouldn't have aired my frustrations here. To cut a long story short, not getting the 3090 is a fairly big thing for me. I've been writing and developing 3D graphics technology and software for almost 30 years - for systems used by the likes of ILM, Pixar, game development studios. It's my business as well as my hobby). (y)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No offence taken mate, no ill-feeling whatsoever here! :cool:

(Perhaps I shouldn't have aired my frustrations here. To cut a long story short, not getting the 3090 is a fairly big thing for me. I've been writing and developing 3D graphics technology and software for almost 30 years - for systems used by the likes of ILM, Pixar, game development studios. It's my business as well as my hobby). (y)
You'll probably be one of the first people I know to actually utilise the size of the memory that comes on the 3090.

I can't see many games stretching its legs for a long time yet. From my own findings, even triple-A games are only around 6GB utilisation, currently.