ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cylinder and piston

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Hi can anyone tell me the piston to cylinder clearence and exactly where to measure on the piston please I cant find any info anywhere tia

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Is this a secret? I'm surprised with the amount of self builds on here that no one knows this or at least they wont share it.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hello mate, I’m sure someone will be along who has access to the info, I’m away from work so can’t get info.. how come you need to know? Just to check within specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Loss of compression causing a poor idle and black smoke but runs ok when driving, leak down test showed leak to be coming from the breather which connects to the air pipe to the throttle body. So the leak is pistons, rings or block ordered new rings and honed the block just need to check pistons are not worn to go be causing this

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Piston3.JPG
Piston2.JPG
Piston.JPG