ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CYLINDER HEAD BOLTS

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO USE YOUR OLD HEAD BOLTS WHEN REPLACING HEAD GASKET (OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER).... RENAULT CHARGE £7.70 A PIECE PLUS VAT FOR OE ONES AND I AINT REALLY INTO PAYING THAT MUCH FOR THEM!!

not too much of a problem, just dont over use them. maybe re used once is ok, but you can probably get them cheaper from german swedish frence.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

just keep checking and making sure they are torqued up but you will need to replace them as they are stretch bolts.
Best bet would be to ring around and do it in one go probably save a lot of hassel.

Definetly recommend not reusing stretch head bolts, had many problems with Rover K-series engine (can I say Rover here) which is a similar design to a valvers (16v all alloy) and you will just end having to do it all again at some point

Alex M (alexmac)

a mate resuses his stresch bolt all the time, i know its wrong but nothing has gone wrong with it, in terms of the head.....usually piston rings and crank.