ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cylinder head rebuild help!!! (with pics)

clio 182cup
Been out in the car this morning and the light has gone out which is great.

Nop... the problem is there. It will blink again! You have to erase that.
After all i think that cruise control is not working properly....can-bus systems!

ITB'd MK1
That sounds like a likely cause, I has the seals on the cams when I fitted the rocker cover (I did have the correct one on correct cam) and the inlet did get caught at an angle as I started tightening it until I realised! F00k!

Is it rocker cover off again or as the inlet seal has a larger inner diameter than cam do you think i'll be able to get it out?

you should fit the seals AFTER the rocker cover anyway, so you'll just need a new pair of seals and fit them carefully. DON'T push them too far in, flush with the head casting is spot on

'02 Monaco Blue 172
cheers guys, great idea with the screw, I was hoping not to have to take the cam cover off again as it takes ages to clean all that sealant off!!

Will see how it goes tomorrow

'02 Monaco Blue 172
Got this rebuilt today after a few probs, put new oil in, car started bit was really spluttery low down and stalled, revs seemed all over the show!

Anything to check immediately? (in the morning!)

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I was hoping it wasn't going to the be the timing!

Is it going to destroy anything if I drive it as not going to be able to sort it till next week now and have a long journey to make!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
its weird, i've driven it a bit this morning and sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't, when it doesn't it drives and pulls spot on! does that sound like timing or something else?

where would I check for air leak?

Clio 172 Audi a4 tdi
its weird, i've driven it a bit this morning and sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't, when it doesn't it drives and pulls spot on! does that sound like timing or something else?

where would I check for air leak?
Hi dan did you manage to get to the bottom of this fault as I have similar issues many thanks ben