ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

d40x or d60 recommendations ?

172 mk2 Iceberg
The d60 kit lense is 18-55mm vr where the d40x is not, is this needed anyway it this zoom level ?

looked at a lot of reviews some love the 40x over the 60, cant see why myself from the spec

What would you recomend for a first dslr out of these two and why ?

Last edited:
I have a D40X which came with Nikon AF-S 18-55 and a 55-200 lenses. Basically there is hardly anything in it between the D40X and D60, it all about personal preference imho. I choose the D40X over the D60 because it was nicer to hold and the price of the kit was to good to say no. To compliment the kit lenses I also bought a Sigma 10-20 and 70-300 but that was just my choice . A 55 and 200 will see you fine for a long time until you get to grips with the camera.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ What he said.

Get to know your camera first, I'm still learning and I have 4 lenses for mine (D40) :)

D40 over D40x for pure value for money. The D40x/D60 pics will not come out any better. Plus if you get the 55-200, i highly recommend the VR version!

172 mk2 Iceberg
thanks all........

Yes JJ i can see the point of vr on 55-200 just wondered on the shorter lense having it

looking price wise at 40x £429 or d60 £385 with the VR version of 18-55
just seemed a better deal to me for the 60