ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D50 - how much should I sell?

Thought this camera was dead and buried, it was sent off for repair months a go and a D40 was sent as its replacement.

Now its just come back fixed, so it needs a new home!

Its D50 + 18-55 lens + Battery.

Have tested the camera and it all works fine, didn't want to use it for long as the battery is low and have no way to charge.

The body has a rattle inside but having checked on google and flickr it seems that its the orientation sensor and its normal. See here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459401

No box, no instructions, no cables, no strap, no charger - just body with lens and battery. Will need charger and SD card for new owner.

How much is it worth, or more importantly, how much will someone on ebay buy it for! The body and lens are both in excellent condition.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Probably around £100...maybe just over

On ebay they're going for like £200 with boxes etc..

:( shame as its a cracking camera!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i'm confused, how come you bought a d50 and are now selling it? its superior to the d40!

D50 was friends that I was buying, it went wrong a couple of days after i bought it so was sent to Nikon for repair (was sent to Nikon France as was a pixmania return), 10 weeks later (and god knows how many emails) they sent a refund of the original cost as the D50 was not made anymore. A further 6 weeks later out of the blue, the D50 has returned and been fixed.

I have just had a play with the D50 and prefer the D40, personal choice I guess! Plus I have spares for D40 (battery, GGS screen protector etc) so I am going to keep that one.

I would have it for £110 delivered (not fussed about the lens though, you could sell that seperately if you want), could do with a second body. Any idea how many shutter actuations are on it, and is the sensor clean?

Last edited: