ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D5000

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking at them 2 too.

Went to the store, tried them both out and preferred the canon. Not a lot between them really, it comes down to preference and also if your friends have one brand you might want to get the same so you can borrow lens' etc.

I know its meant to be the model down, but the D3100 has better video and initial reviews are saying quality as good as the D5000.

Merc A class
riads got one, sure he'll tell you about it later when he see's this

ffs: Not losing the plot, its naith signed in on his user

DCi 100
I went from D40 to D5000. But Riad and half of me kinda wish we went for the D80 (iirc).

Video is great just the focusing annoying the ganders out of me.

Couldnt afford the D90. I decided to go for the Canon 500D, not used it much yet though so can't comment. It felt nicer in the hands, I had a Canon HFS10 Camcorder so i'm not that fussed about the menu's. The menu's didn't really stop me buying either as I can get used to whatever.

Think a new lense will defo be on the cards when I can afford it. I want my old 50mm 1.4 back that I had on my D40.

Thanks for the replies!