ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D60 or Alpha 200

Honda & VW
Right finally buying a DSLR after lots of deliberating plus was waiting for my Birthday money to roll in:D

Now i've had my mind set on the Nikon D60 VR kit, found it for about £380 so i'm pretty much ready to buy it when something else caught my eye...

Sony Alpha 200 with twin lense 18-70mm and 75-300mm this is prices at £380 also.

The only bad thing i've read about Sony camera's is the limited amount of lenses that fit, they tend to only allow Sony lenses unlike the Nikons which most lenses fit.

Your thoughts people?

I would go for the Nikon, mainly because of the reason you have said. The nikon will have a much greater range of lenses, as you can have Nikons, sigmas etc.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Out of those 2 the Sony. Much better all round performacne. Yes Nikon have more lenses but you will have to find a lens that has the motor built into it as the Nikon body doesnt so not all lenses will autofocus and the twin lens pack there will cover you for most situations as an amateur

I use this site and Trust Gordons reviews. both are video reviews

Sony - http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Alpha_DSLR_A200/video_review.shtml

Nikon - http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikon_D60/video_review.shtml

Nikon awarded 80%, Sony 85%

Honda & VW
Very true Andy, i'd probably be more limited trying to get a lense to suit the D60 (non body motored) than getting a lense to fit the Sony.

er
mmmmmmmm

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Id rather have the d40 over the d60 anyway. not that much difference and you would save a lot. out of these 3 I would still go with the sony though

Honda & VW
Id only ever go Nikon/Canon. Have you held either of your choices?

Also, Id go for the D40 TBH.

Yes i've held the 2 in question along with others, just bought the Sony as i've always been a fan sorry Nikon fans:rasp: just kidding:D

I know Nikon/Canon are much more Camera orientated but i do love Sony and have had many products of theirs over the years and can't complain about any.

Lets hope this won't let me down

cheers for your feedback guys