ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul’s Pearl

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
After doing lots of research I bought a rats nest to fit the Alpine head unit.
IMG_20220714_003637.jpg

As far as I could ascertain a Connects2 CTSRN007.2 would connect the hu to the car and retain the steering stalk control. I finally managed to prize the aerial connector off without having to resort to snips so quickly connected the Apline up to see if it worked.
IMG_20220714_040701.jpg

Looking good and my days of pop music are coming to an end:drunk:. I then had to disconnect it to fit the dash trim and the cage which for once I managed to not cut myself on! Having already removed the glovebox I reconnected the plugs and started to drag miles and miles of wires through the tiny hole.
IMG_20220714_042756.jpg

Not having any zip ties to hand was a fail so the rats nest will have to stay like that until tomorrow. Another quick check with the radio secured and after a quick Google my phone was paired and Spotify playing was successful 👍. And then I discovered that the steering controls don't work so the whole lot needs to come out for investigation, but still I'm happy that I can listen to my own tunes now. Just need a Mk4 shark aerial so I can have dab too.
IMG_20220714_042750.jpg

I had 10 mins spare today so found my zip ties and went out to secure the wires and refit the glovebox. It was at this point I noticed this;
IMG_20220714_131555.jpg

That's the connector for the steeing controls that should be plugged into the back of the head unit🤦. It must have pulled out when I was feeding the wires through behind the dash. Now I'll have to pull it all out to plug that bugger back in. Damn.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while. Now covered 1500 miles and the car still works. I had it booked in for the belts etc doing a couple of weeks ago but got a call 2 days before to say there wasn't a dephaser to be found anywhere. So I'm waiting until they turn up and still driving steadily 😒. I have noticed a rattle from the offside front suspension so jacked it up to see if I could find the culprit. Nothing was loose or wanted to move so it's still unresolved. A full refresh is on the cards after the belts are done so hopefully it will be rattle free after that. As I had some spare time after that quick investigation I decided to try and remidy this abomination.
IMG_20220326_114537.jpg

The tint spray on the rear lights was peeling off and looking worse than ever, this stuff should be banned imo. Chemicals wouldn't touch it and as I was ready to replace them anyway attacking them with my sander seemed like a good idea to pass some time. 400 grit was the smoothest pad I had but it took 280 to shift the tint! Luckily I have some sheets of wet and dry so worked from 1000 to 2500 grit and after that they looked like this.
IMG_20220904_112957.jpg

I then dug out the da and gave them a good polish with some menzerna to make them nice and shiny. You have to get really close to see any imperfections in them now and I'm more than happy with the improvement at the rear.
IMG_20220430_130540.jpg

IMG_20220904_122031.jpg

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while. Now covered 1500 miles and the car still works. I had it booked in for the belts etc doing a couple of weeks ago but got a call 2 days before to say there wasn't a dephaser to be found anywhere. So I'm waiting until they turn up and still driving steadily 😒. I have noticed a rattle from the offside front suspension so jacked it up to see if I could find the culprit. Nothing was loose or wanted to move so it's still unresolved. A full refresh is on the cards after the belts are done so hopefully it will be rattle free after that. As I had some spare time after that quick investigation I decided to try and remidy this abomination.
View attachment 1610600
The tint spray on the rear lights was peeling off and looking worse than ever, this stuff should be banned imo. Chemicals wouldn't touch it and as I was ready to replace them anyway attacking them with my sander seemed like a good idea to pass some time. 400 grit was the smoothest pad I had but it took 280 to shift the tint! Luckily I have some sheets of wet and dry so worked from 1000 to 2500 grit and after that they looked like this.
View attachment 1610602
I then dug out the da and gave them a good polish with some menzerna to make them nice and shiny. You have to get really close to see any imperfections in them now and I'm more than happy with the improvement at the rear.
View attachment 1610603
View attachment 1610604
That's miles better! The car now matches the owner

View attachment 1610600
View attachment 1610602
View attachment 1610603
View attachment 1610604
Finally! I can’t believe you left that tint s**t on for so long! 😂

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  AG200|981 Cayman
Looks so much better, added £1000s of value to the car just removing that stuff!