ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D60 photos from Colchester Zoo today

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
shame it was cloudy and dull!

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0557-1.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0600-1.jpg

Plenty of lovely shots there, particularly like the Otters. What lens you using?

I'm assuming a pretty high ISO for some of them, as well?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Plenty of lovely shots there, particularly like the Otters. What lens you using?

I'm assuming a pretty high ISO for some of them, as well?

i set the camera to outside landscape i think, so it was on auto.

im used a sigma 55-200mm lens

i set the camera to outside landscape i think, so it was on auto.

im used a sigma 55-200mm lens

I'm even more impressed now, then. I didn't realise a lens that 'slow' would throw the backgrounds out that nicely. The first Otter shot is beautiful.

Not really a complaint as they are lovely shots, but I would keep an eye on the ISO, the backgrounds are quite noisy so if you can get away with bringing that down I would try and do so when you can.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
slow? what do you mean? im new to all this?

ok thanks ill check next time to see what the iso is on when using landscape and turn it down a little.

its probably on auto and as it was such a dull day maybe it went high?

slow? what do you mean? im new to all this?

ok thanks ill check next time to see what the iso is on when using landscape and turn it down a little.

its probably on auto and as it was such a dull day maybe it went high?

A 'slow' lens is generally one that has an maximum aperture of around f4.5. A 'fast' lens is usually f1.8, f2.8, f4.0 etc. Fast lens can usually throw the background out of focus quite easily, but it is less common with slow lens.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
A 'slow' lens is generally one that has an maximum aperture of around f4.5. A 'fast' lens is usually f1.8, f2.8, f4.0 etc. Fast lens can usually throw the background out of focus quite easily, but it is less common with slow lens.

right i see, so where would i get a fast lens from? nikon?

Has the lens got image stabilzer? If so, you could probably lower the iso a notch

yeah it was on in all them pics.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
oh maybe im talking rubbish, its the other lens i have that has stabilzer.

sorry!!!

so whens the zoo meet then? there was a yellow 225 there yesterday when i was there

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Went colchester zoo last month for a day out! Great pics by the way. Did you see the giant tortoise it was HUGE!

Good idea for a meet aswell loads of room in the car park! Alot of grass and trees aswell for some good photos.