ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup 100,000

RS Clio Cup172
The clio cup 172 is approaching 100,000 miles (1 owner).

I was making a list of items that are original and so some feedback would be appreciated.

My water pump is original as is the coolant bottle - I read this should be proactively changed at 100,000?
Are their any other parts I should have proactively changed outside of servicing/belts etc which are all done to schedule?

Has anyone had their window seals replaced?

>My only issues are... I disconnected the rear washer pipe and then it fell into the rear spoiler, I need to get into the spoiler and reconnect - nothing on youtube - anyone ever changed the pipe offer any tips?
I also need a minor repair to the rear spoiler (crack in side).

A photo from today

Attachments

• 20230121_115808.jpg
    20230121_115808.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 58

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The clio cup 172 is approaching 100,000 miles (1 owner).

I was making a list of items that are original and so some feedback would be appreciated.

My water pump is original as is the coolant bottle - I read this should be proactively changed at 100,000?
Are their any other parts I should have proactively changed outside of servicing/belts etc which are all done to schedule?

Has anyone had their window seals replaced?

>My only issues are... I disconnected the rear washer pipe and then it fell into the rear spoiler, I need to get into the spoiler and reconnect - nothing on youtube - anyone ever changed the pipe offer any tips?
I also need a minor repair to the rear spoiler (crack in side).

A photo from today
The coolant bottle should be replaced at 100k miles?
Never heard that one before.
If it's the water pump you're talking about, then yeah I'd change that when you get the cam belt and aux belt done. I think I'm on my 3rd water pump in 17 years of ownership and 110k miles👍
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I wouldn't change anything if it doesn't need it with the exception of service parts when it's due.

RS Clio Cup172
The coolant bottle should be replaced at 100k miles?
Never heard that one before.
If it's the water pump you're talking about, then yeah I'd change that when you get the cam belt and aux belt done. I think I'm on my 3rd water pump in 17 years of ownership and 110k miles👍
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I wouldn't change anything if it doesn't need it with the exception of service parts when it's due.
I never thought about where it would be, my other cars had a coolant flush and water pump changed as a singular job.

I had the belts done last year again

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I never thought about where it would be, my other cars had a coolant flush and water pump changed as a singular job.

I had the belts done last year again
It would have been fairly easy to do the pump at that time.. you’ll need to strip the bumper, light, arch side, access out again so you can see all that stuff.

I left one for 50k and 2 belt changes and survived… I don’t know if anyone has had them break off, but you can always listen out for a noisy pulley/bearing noise.