ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D90 problem

RB One Eight Two
So I have just got back from 2 weeks on the East Coast, and before I went I bought a Nikon D90. The camera is superb, such a massive improvement to the D80 I had previous. It worked superbly while out there and the images it has produced are superb, I'm well happy with them.

So last night I go to check the batteries in it as I'm off out this afternoon, and just turn the camera on to check what is on the memory card and all I got was a black screen. I took all the batteries out, battery grip was removed and installed, it made no difference. It still takes images and works fine I just can't view what has been taken on my LCD. In harsh light I can see what is displayed on the screen so i'm thinking its the backlight which has died..? The camera is only 3 weeks old and has only done around 8,000 shutter actuations.

The only thing I can think of which may have caused it which I havn't come across before is that while we were in Florida, every morning all our camera equipment would condense up as it was going from a cool air conditioned motel room into very hot and humid air. Anyone else had this problem before?

Cheers

Ash

RB One Eight Two
It was bought from Warehouse Express which is where I will send it back to. Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem with a DSLR..

BMW Z4
My D3100 worked perfect in Florida and the GF's step mum's D300 worked fine swell :S don't think it would have anything to do with heat/cold?

RB One Eight Two
I went out yeterday afternoon shooting and it still worked, just couldn't see any images on the screen. Got home tur ed the camera on and the screen worked, 10 minutes later it didn't work again. Sending it back on Monday as its definitely faulty. I'm just so glad it held out until I got home from America last Sunday.