ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D90 Video Flicker

VaVa
Ummm.... All lights in this country will cycle 50 times a second if supplied by mains electricity. Not just neon.

I'm sure there will be a way round, but shooting moving images is a different ball game lol. Can you adjust the frame rate? I'm pretty sure the PAL standard is 25fps... but college was oh so long ago lol

Last edited:
Be interested if you find out anything more about this. 24fps is the 'standard' for motion pictures, so they might have the same problem!

vers le haut doigt milieu
I told you all you need a shutter! but no, a huge argument followed and everyone thought they knew best!
You replyed to this thread.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=361455&highlight=video

ffs!

of course but do remeber it leaves the shutter open so for filming motor racing you may not be able to get the definition you require.

The 5D records at 30fps, surely that's more than enough for motor racing and the like? There is also hope that 24p will be available, which puts it ona par with film cameras.

Oh no, broadcast camera shoot at 25fps but the shutter exposes the same frame several times to eliminate blur. Don't get me wrong if given the option of buying a broadcast camera or a still's I will pick the stills because you cannot take still images (properly) with a broadcast camera. I just thought the initinal claim of their the same quality as a pro HD camera wasn't exactly correct. This is the difference.

If it can't even take pictures of a lamp what chance does anything else have? Please listen to me.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Daylight its fine, superb quality. Under artificial lights, it flickers noticably. I found that this can be eliminated by pointing the camera at some midtones/shadows, where the wavy lines disappears, then holding exposure lock and recomposing on the subject. Hey presto the lines are completely gone. Seems like a bit of an exposure problem rather than hardware. Its also something that Nikon are aware of, and apparently only occurs in PAL countries. Bizarre!

Daylight its fine, superb quality. Under artificial lights, it flickers noticably. I found that this can be eliminated by pointing the camera at some midtones/shadows, where the wavy lines disappears, then holding exposure lock and recomposing on the subject. Hey presto the lines are completely gone. Seems like a bit of an exposure problem rather than hardware. Its also something that Nikon are aware of, and apparently only occurs in PAL countries. Bizarre!

Video was formed to be half the frequency of the countrys electricty supply. All of this are simple video basics.

The frame rate is below the flicker fusion threshold! THIS IS WHY BROADCASTING CAMERAS USE SHUTTERS!

Last edited:
Errm no, it will still be there just not so noticeable. try shooting in NTSC.

Search on werz-bb.org for Avid DV Express. Avid make some of the best editing software in the world.