ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daft Headunit question!

Titanium 182 FF
Hi have some good 6x9 speakers on the parcel shelf and my headunit is not great tbh.

I hardly get any bass from the speakers, would a new more expensive headunit solve this problem? or upgrading the speakers?

Daft question i know but i don't know much about ICE.

cheers,
Mat

Titanium 182 FF
lol im not that stupid!

all im asking is whether the headunit plays apart in bass? and general sound quality?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
as matt pointed out, they aren't for bass BUT - when i upgraded from my renault HU to my alpine 9880r i noticed a definate difference in bass.

vaux cavalier
Hi have some good 6x9 speakers on the parcel shelf and my headunit is not great tbh.

I hardly get any bass from the speakers, would a new more expensive headunit solve this problem? or upgrading the speakers?

Daft question i know but i don't know much about ICE.

cheers,
Mat

OK, the first point is this;

1, No head unit has the capability to run any speaker with significant amounts of bass....Bass reproduction requires speaker excursion, speaker excursion requires power, head unit amps only produce around 15w rms per channel, (when playing music its much less)......

The second point;

2, 6x9s are usually fairly sensitive speakers, the large cone area will give the impression bass is being played, but in reality its actually mid-bass, if its this your after, then the answer lies in an external amplifier....6x9s will play off head unit power levels but will sound harsh at higher volumes....

The final point;

3, The source unit, (head unit), plays a large part in the sound produced, but speaker quality makes all the difference....

The actual answer to your problem is this;

1, Use a good quality head unit
2, Use speakers which will reproduce the frequencies you want
3, Most importantly, give the speakers enough power to reproduce the frequencies you want