ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daily Commute in a Vee?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Hi folks,

I was just wondering what MPG i would get on a 45 minute, 18 mile daily commute? I sit in traffic quite a bit especially on the way back! In my cup im getting about 30.2 mpg .... would a Vee drastically change? I'm thinking it would!

I really fancy one but don't know if the petrol would cripple me lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Would be a fair bit worse, 22ish? If you are buying, wait. Once they officially declare a recession, prices will drop even further.

Clio v6
In traffic I would see about 24mpg on a long steady run 30mpg. I seem to recall that was the same in my 172.

LY V6 with Recaros
I use mine for my daily commute. It's about 10 miles to work, alot of it is town/traffic and I get about 22-24mpg. If I don't use it much at the weekend then a full tank lasts me for 2 weeks! Otherwise about a week and a half. A full tank costs about £50 now, it's gone down as it used to be £60.

As said expect to get about about 22mpg round town from it. You can however get mid 30's (no joke) with motorway driving.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
In traffic I would see about 24mpg on a long steady run 30mpg. I seem to recall that was the same in my 172.
Lol, no way would you ever get the same mpg as a 172. 30mpg on a long run is do-able, but the journey you're describing would be 22ish. Pm Riz, he went 182>Vee>172

Burgandy 174 sport t
I would buy it and use a runner for work, anything with mot and tax can be had for as little as 50 quid!