ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damage after shunt...

A couple of months ago, my dad took my car out to go into town (Doesn't normall drive mine but is covered 3rd party on it). While in town a woman decided to ram it up the arse. He got out the car, she accepted it was her fault, gave her details and left. My car was totally drivable, looked like there was hardly any damage, just a slight cracked bumper and big scratch. Eventually after a load of hassle through lawyers she has now accepted liability and direct line came and had a look at it to see what needed doing... It was booked into the garage today, but before taking it in I though i'd take out my false floor, amp and sub so they had full access to the boot and so they couldn't damage it. I found a lovely surprise in my boot!...

As you can see, hardly any external damage (insurance company said it needed a new rear bumper):
clioboot1.jpg

Lovely surprise!:
clioboot3.jpg

Again:
clioboot2.jpg

Anyone shed any light on what might happen now?

Monaco Blue Mk2
Ouchie! Doesn't look great but I couldn't say how bad it is or not?Could be other damage that you cant see I suppose?

Yeah, well the insurance lads said that it needed a new rear bumper, and there was some damage to the rear sill too?

Wouldn't mind if it was a write off as I have a new car anyway, saves me selling it ;) Doubt that it will be though...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Spammy said:
A couple of months ago, my dad took my car out to go into town (Doesn't normall drive mine but is covered 3rd party on it). While in town a woman decided to ram it up the arse. He got out the car, she accepted it was her fault, gave her details and left. My car was totally drivable, looked like there was hardly any damage, just a slight cracked bumper and big scratch. Eventually after a load of hassle through lawyers she has now accepted liability and direct line came and had a look at it to see what needed doing... It was booked into the garage today, but before taking it in I though i'd take out my false floor, amp and sub so they had full access to the boot and so they couldn't damage it. I found a lovely surprise in my boot!...

As you can see, hardly any external damage (insurance company said it needed a new rear bumper):
clioboot1.jpg

Lovely surprise!:
clioboot3.jpg

Again:
clioboot2.jpg

Anyone shed any light on what might happen now?

Thats nowhere near a write off..................cars are designed to crumple up absorb energy.
At most rear bumper, rear panel............do not attempt to change floor get a bodyshop (good one) to sort out crease.

Must of been a good wack????????????????

Get the assesor back out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When mine was rear ended it was a lot worse than that, they will just replace the boot floor and what ever else is damaged... no where near a write off.

Shhh
I remember seeing a cosworth that had a rear end shunt but had been repaired. Lifted the boot carpet and it looked like the bloke had repaired the crease in the floor himself..

Well rough..

New floor for your car...tho it could be a written off car as its not worth much.

renault clio extreme 02
I have a similar car but it is clio extreme, i was hit from behind early this week by a ford cargo van. The damage to my boot floor is worse than this, the bumper has popped out at both sides so a new one is needed, the tailgate needs replaceing as it was creased and the lock is broken on the boot, possibly new badges and reg plate. They said they could use back window if in ok conditon. Parts would have to be sprayed black also.

Any ideas on what sort of cost this would be to repair or do you think it would be a write off. Its a 2002 renault clio extreme 16v and i think the book price is £3000 although i could probably fetch around £3700 in a private sale.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated xx

330Ci M Sport
spammy,

exactly the same as mine mate.....women who sold it said it hadnt been involved in an accident, no visible damage at all......probs my own fault for not noticing when i bought it but has an identical crease to that, if a slightly bit better.....also crumpled the rear bumper plastics and those flappy things that let the air out; resulted in about a litre and a half of water in the spare wheel well.....anyway, bit of hammer action, bit of duct tape and no probs since. False floor is fine as is the system and havent had any problems since...
make sure you whip the inner plastic liners out the boot though and have a peek.

1.6 focus zetec....
I have a similar car but it is clio extreme, i was hit from behind early this week by a ford cargo van. The damage to my boot floor is worse than this, the bumper has popped out at both sides so a new one is needed, the tailgate needs replaceing as it was creased and the lock is broken on the boot, possibly new badges and reg plate. They said they could use back window if in ok conditon. Parts would have to be sprayed black also.

Any ideas on what sort of cost this would be to repair or do you think it would be a write off. Its a 2002 renault clio extreme 16v and i think the book price is £3000 although i could probably fetch around £3700 in a private sale.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated xx

Around £2k to repair as i had almost the same damage to my old clio (had front end damage aswel though) and that was £3k to repair...

Wont be a write imho spammy mate but you never know... depends on the insurance company!!

Kiza