ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damage to LCD TV - need advice

Ibiza FR
My brother has just called me into his room to ask me what is up with his TV.
Gone in and the bottom half of the screen has gone red, and any motion on the screen shows up in yellow with a big motion blur behind it.

He has recently got a Sony Hifi in his room, the unit and 2 of the speakers are on top of a unit which is directly below the TV mounted on the wall.

My first thought was magnets have damaged the display but after reading online, this cannot happen to LCD screens.

Tbh he plays it at ridiculous volumes, could this cause 'Electrical Interference' that I've read online that can damage displays?

Ill whack some pics up shortly - just need to find out whats happened and if there is an easy/cheap fix for it?!
We've just bought him a new XBOX for christmas too ha, Great!

Cheers, Mitch

Ibiza FR
561efbfa-c54f-5166.jpg

561efbfa-c56e-ffe3.jpg

Here's the pictures, you can get an idea of what it's like I hope

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing better than a not new enough to please me but not old enough to warrant replacing electrical item breaking, means its upgrade time :D

Bumder With A Buffer
Looks similar to the old Vertical hold that used to go on the older CRT screens that I was repairing when I was 16-17 (about 14 years ago!)

Not worth it with a n LCD as it could either be IC related or could be the screen itself.