ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damaged firewall heatshield

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi guys, just wondering how would you go about fixing this.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_182115.jpg
    IMG_20220203_182115.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 34

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
I don't really care for the looks but there is a lot of heat coming in the cabin, maybe it's normal on the RS but when I push it a bit the AC turns on in winter

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Auto heating for the winter

I’ve seen people remove it and put nimbus shield in its place. I’ve not removed mine to see what sits behind it if there is an alternative from a lesser model that can be used to replace the carpet

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know if it's possible to remove without pulling the engine out?
It’s held on with 5/6 grommets. If you don’t want to damage it then it’s possible without engine removal. Remove the expansion tank - 2 bolts on bulkhead, there’s a couple of large grommets behind exhaust manifold, some at the top, one down near the brake fluid reservoir. The most difficult ones are down near the exhaust heat shield - see pictures for reference.

If you’re not keeping it, then as above just rip it out.

Replacing it wouldn’t be fun with engine in and they’re as rare as hens teeth. I repaired the one on my BG but I’d removed the engine prior to that.

184A4571-4BA9-42D8-98CD-AF39233A9247.jpeg
C2FEBB83-4020-4E6C-93BC-004C8E7D1C58.jpeg
2D16CD03-0659-4342-A3DF-6DE3F46265B4.jpeg

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
It’s held on with 5/6 grommets. If you don’t want to damage it then it’s possible without engine removal. Remove the expansion tank - 2 bolts on bulkhead, there’s a couple of large grommets behind exhaust manifold, some at the top, one down near the brake fluid reservoir. The most difficult ones are down near the exhaust heat shield - see pictures for reference.

If you’re not keeping it, then as above just rip it out.

Replacing it wouldn’t be fun with engine in and they’re as rare as hens teeth. I repaired the one on my BG but I’d removed the engine prior to that.

View attachment 1580091View attachment 1580092View attachment 1580093
Thanks a lot! Once I remove the old one, are there some parts that I should cover with nimbus or something similar to avoid overheating them? ( I'm having a hard time saying what I mean, I'm French)