ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damn subframe bolt

clio 1.2
Well i been doing my clutch, ive got it all down to the box being off and now i undo the subframe and oh the front bolt is just turning, looks like the nut weld inside the frame has come away so theres no chance of the subframe coming off, anyone any ideas?

Mark

M

mini-valver

The captive nut wil just fall out of the subframe then, new bolt, sorted.

clio 1.2
how would i get it to go back though as i wouldnt be able to get anything to hold the nut while i tighten the bolt? cheers for help guys :)

Mark

RB 182
At last someone with the same problem i had!

I did a thread on this as i did my previous 172s subframe and my current one needs a clutch. Theres one or two you can get a spanner in, as theres cut outs for this - but im thinking the one thats spinning a b*****d!

I did it by cutting 3/4 of a square, peeling it back, puttin a spanner on the nut and then eventually welding the cuts back up

ITB'd MK1
there's a pressed metal clip that's there to hold the nut on assmemby. it bends and the nut spins. just prise it out with a screwdriver then use a 16mm swan neck spanner to hold the nut. Happens on nearly all of them