ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damn You Apple.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Really annoying that they've not added an upgrade path though seeing as they had one million people beta test and download six packages.

I was getting worried though at PB5 as battery life on my MBP when using AirPlay sucked... Like 3hrs suck!

Downloaded Last night in about 5mins. Either I got in early or the (up to)152Mb connection helped. Installed in next to no time. Looks great, much prefer the flat design, yet to try out some of the other new features.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Not enough change for me to upgrade my iPad. Was hoping they would have made better changes to the mini! Tempted by a Mac Mini now though!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Do you need iOS 8.1 to be able to send and receive SMS messages from Mac or iPad?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, I will have one of those next year for sure Tom, just such good value for money

133/225/CLS AMG
Certainly considering an upgrade from my iPad 3 to the Air 2, definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

The iPad Mini 3 is a bit of a farce though, the only difference is the Touch ID! I know it brings the products in line with each other but hardly a huge innovation. The Mini 2 is a bargain now though, £279 for a 32gb model which bearing in mind it's the same spec as the 3 is a worthwhile purchase.

iMac sounds very impressive but then again I have an iMac I bought in 2012 and that still impresses me in how it performs and how it looks.

Cayman S Edition 1
Just upgraded to Yosemite on my 2012 Macbook Pro. All good so far. Really like the updated UI.

Has anybody got Handoff AKA Continuity working? iPhone 6 on iOS 8.1 and a Late '11 MBA running Yosemite. I have all the options enabled, but nothing shows for Handoff. I'm trying with Safari.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't use Safari. But that's mainly as I'm an Android user so use Chrome across the board.

Loving the Dark Mode though, much nicer. Looks a lot like iOS on here now with the logo's for the apps etc. Not sure I'm a massive fan of those as I wasn't on iOS. Looks a little child like imo. But it all looks a lot fresher so can't complain. Really need a SSD and the 16GB upgrade though.
Picked up a Crucial mx100 512gb today, fook me! It's rapid now.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My late 2011 MacBook Pro is super smooth and fast on 10.10 with Crucial 8gb ram and Crucial 240gb SSD. It should last me a few more years yet!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Same machine as mine, more than happy with the results. I'd noticed a performance drop after the update thats what pushed me to upgrade.

SNAP! I have a late (maybe early) i7 quad 2.4GHz(I think). Only 4GB RAM though so really want 16GB and a decent sized SSD. Superdrive failed so I've actually got a second HDD in there.

I've also noticed some stuttering and lag since the update. Pressing the volume keys for example takes a few seconds for the on screen prompt to register.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
SNAP! I have a late (maybe early) i7 quad 2.4GHz(I think). Only 4GB RAM though so really want 16GB and a decent sized SSD. Superdrive failed so I've actually got a second HDD in there.

I've also noticed some stuttering and lag since the update. Pressing the volume keys for example takes a few seconds for the on screen prompt to register.

Mines the i5 but with 8gb, no lag on mine anymore now. £160 for a 500gb wasn't bad.