ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damp Floor!

Up rocks
The carpet under my passenger seat is damp :( Its directly under the seat so i think that rules out any un sealed holes in the bulkhead? The underside of the door seems dry so that should rule out water leaking in the window seals and running out of the door? And the seals around the door sill look ok too. So unless i can come up with another idead i'm going to have to get under the car to remove the seats and carpet and go from there. Any ideas?

Lots of rain is making my car smell damp and i dont like it :(

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i have same problem but with driver side . think it might be the door seal that does it as i dont have a sun roof or rear windows so only really leaves door seal .

172 Race Car
If its not obvious then the Best way is to get the seats and carpet out, dry it all and then get someone to run a hose pipe over the car while your in it. That way you an see where its coming in.

Check its not coolant from a leaking heater too

Up rocks
If its not obvious then the Best way is to get the seats and carpet out, dry it all and then get someone to run a hose pipe over the car while your in it. That way you an see where its coming in.

Check its not coolant from a leaking heater too

Yep thats the plan now, just waiting for a dry afternoon to rip it all out :(

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
let me know how you sort yours out and ill try same with mine few ppl having this problem recently reckon its from that bad rain we had otherday

Up rocks
Took out the front seats, all the carpet and the center console and found the foam under the carpet absolutely soaked through! Not good. Rear foot well is ok, i'm guessing the water is coming in from up behind the glove box where theres a very poor fitting grommit. Not somthing i can really test with a hose so have put the drivers seat back in and will wait for some rain (shouldnt have to wait long) and see whats what. Hopefully it'll just be a case of gacking up the gromit with mastic.

Up rocks
Sorted the leak today, since stripping everything out about 2 weeks ago and putting some sealant around the gromit in the bulkhead i thought i'd enjoy the car for a while while its all light and empty and just wait for some rain to test my sealing. Well it hasnt rained and as the car is soooo LOUD with no interior i got the hose out this moring. Found it was still elaking quite bad?! Managed to trace it to the small hole in the bulkhead that the rear washer hose goes through, the grommit had popped out.

So if anyone else has similar leaking then its probably worth checking that before stripping out the interior (quite a job as both frong seats have to come out to get the carpet up) as i'm gussing it would be quicker and easier to get at that hole from under the bonnet, should be behind the washer bottle in the bulkhead.

Up rocks
Sorted the leak today, since stripping everything out about 2 weeks ago and putting some sealant around the gromit in the bulkhead i thought i'd enjoy the car for a while while its all light and empty and just wait for some rain to test my sealing. Well it hasnt rained and as the car is soooo LOUD with no interior i got the hose out this moring. Found it was still elaking quite bad?! Managed to trace it to the small hole in the bulkhead that the rear washer hose goes through, the grommit had popped out.

So if anyone else has similar leaking then its probably worth checking that before stripping out the interior (quite a job as both frong seats have to come out to get the carpet up) as i'm gussing it would be quicker and easier to get at that hole from under the bonnet, should be behind the washer bottle in the bulkhead.

Up rocks
How come it runs to the rear of the car then? It comes through the bulkhead right behind the washer bottle, down behind the glovebox, then under the plastic trim along the door sill to the rear of the car.