ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dangerous Steering Wheel

Clio 172 ph1
So ordered a Motamec wheel as my brother had just got one and also saw a few members had one.

I fitted it about 5/6 weeks ago and covered about 500 miles. Noticed it has a lot more flex in it now than when it was first fitted.

Uploaded some videos (not the best), pretty sure its shouldn't be like that??

Clio 172 ph1
This arrived today to replace the jelly wheel

20190925_135910.jpg

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
I have that wheel, should have a hologram authentication sticker on the back if it’s genuine. Nice wheel.

Clio 172 ph1
I have that wheel, should have a hologram authentication sticker on the back if it’s genuine. Nice wheel.

Yeah has the hologram, got it from YB Racing who are an OMP distributor.

Although didnt have any bolts or wires in the box??

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
I got mine from YB Racing as well. I bought longer bolts from ebay as I have a Volantech centre piece instead of the OMP Horn push and have a phase 1 stalk. As you can see in my Avatar.

Clio 172 ph1
Is that the sabelt one on their website but just sat behind the wheel?

Am looking to do something with the horn button as the yellow logo bugs me (probably more than it should). Was just thinking of getting someone to make a sticker in red writing

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Volantech on Facebook, he makes steering wheel controls. So you could do away with the Central Horn push and have the Horn buttons on the Control.