ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DARE i say this, but i need some opinions please all welcome :) clio or s3???

cliosport 172 mk2
im in the process of sorting my cliosport 172 out, ive had to fix various parts ie
-both driveshafts
-abs sensor
-all discs and pads
-both lamba sensors
-clutch
-new alloys
-decat
-full service
-new spark plugs ngk
-new ht leads

so ive seen this audi s3 forsale for 1725 and it looks pretty decent apart from needs a new pas pump etc.. its (V) reg and got 143000 on the clock mines 92k which is pretty good for the age (03) plate.mines got a few issues such as
-reverse sensor needs replacing
-speed sensor
-cat back
-hazard light switch
-both bumpers front and back have scratches on
-slight scuff on rear right quarter panel
-rear left caliper is leaking brake fluid

so ive dug my hole now just need some opinions weather or not to go forward and get the s3 or carry on restoring the clio ?? and how much should i be haggling with this guy at the bucks auto centre for ?? http://www.bucksautocentre.com.razs...3-s3-quattro-3dr-high-wycombe-201306501447092
cheers chris wilson

cliosport 172 mk2
yeah i know mate its been a long journey to get it from where it was at to where it is any ideas for the audi surgeustions ?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
That looks rough.

Potential to be a money pit 10/10.

This tbh

If you've done the first list of things to your 172 already I'd carry on and sort the few other bits which ain't a lot after what you've done so far.
Get a second hand stainless exhaust off here

I'd imagine will be cheaper to finish getting your Clio back up to scratch then sort that pas pump on the s3

Better the devil you know and all that

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
Very different beasts, an S3 would feel very numb and lifeless against a Clio sport, too refined to be proper fun on the road when used to the Clio.

The parts also aren't as cheapy available either, as addressed above.