ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DAS-6 AF kit

PH2 Flamer
Das-6 not dad!

Anyone know the best place to purchase this kit from? Seen a few websites, all different prices so unsure which one to go for.

Cyc states the das6 has a 5' backing plate and 4 meter cable

Detailed clean says 6' backing plate and 3.1 meter cable

Both different prices, but pictures of kit are exactly the same. Confused as to which one is correct.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Re: Dad-6 AF kit

All will look pretty much identical, as long as you have a 5" backing plate go with whoever is cheapest, i4d was pretty cheap for the das6. Polished bliss for the AF kit with free delivery.

PH2 Flamer

Yeah that's who I went through in the end. I thought they didn't do discount anymore? Just a points scheme?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Usually includes destructible Menzerna pads.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

By the looks of it though hes gone for the AF kit, which are infinitely better than the menzerna kits.

PH2 Flamer
I have yeah, it's arriving today.

Will be my first time using one, so thought a kit will be a good starting point.

Spending today washing, and going over with Tardis and iron out then claying.

Give the polishing a go tomorrow.

Trophy #491
I have yeah, it's arriving today.

Will be my first time using one, so thought a kit will be a good starting point.

Spending today washing, and going over with Tardis and iron out then claying.

Give the polishing a go tomorrow.

Dont forget the pictures :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If plastic panels get hot, really hot then the risk of separation between paint and plastics can occur. Really depends on your technique and not working the same spot too long

PH2 Flamer
Gotta say, I'm fucked! Only half way through polishing compound. Although this part seems loads easier than the restoring compound! That took ages.

Certainly noticing the difference already. Lots more 'colour' and glow.