ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash/Dial lights

Right, i have a phase 2 valver wit the white needles and numbering which i am happy with but i hate the tacky orange lighting when the lights are turned on. Is it possible to change the bulbs behind in the dash to a different coulour like blue or summit?

HeHeHeHe - ive got exactly the same prob matey - the orange isnt powerful enuff in the first place -blue would look truly magical ahhhhhhhhhh........

Changing the bulbs wont help as there is an orange lense that makes it orange !! The only way to make em blue would be to change the lense to blue or have blue LEDs on the sides !

Yeh, one of me girl mates had a polo which had blue lights - they do look sweet - i expect it cant be too hard to do - just a matter of getting behined the facia - fragile things tho! Other prob is that once u change the ones behined the facia - u need to change the centre console, electric window lights etc.... If you want to be picky of course...

hhhhhhhmmmmmm.. interesting................very interesting.............. Where the hell would u get a blue lens from - could paint it i guess although i dont think that would work particularly well ;)

Yeah but it would be rewarding if you could do it. Do you think that clear film type stuff that they put on cheap disco lights would do it? Thats if you know what im chattin about.........

Never mind Spose its probab;y best to leave it until i have the energy and resolve to get really stuck in - or get someone else to do it for me ;)

I was on bout takin the orange bits off and then using the film. Anyways, im startin to like Dazs idea of red though! How hard is it to change the bulbs? My mechanic matey said it takes ages to take the clio dash out.

Dash is a piece of piss !! if your anywhere near the mids ill come change the bulbs for ya !! Red would be good !! The film wouldnt work unless it was the same thickness as the orange which is what i was saying above, perspex would be better !! Maybe some 1.5mm stuff !!

Nah im down near Bristol matey. Would have gladly let you change them for me!;) Whats the deal with the dash then cus one of me bulbs is gone anyway. How long does it take i feel a wkend task comin on!

It takes 10 mins to get the dash off !! 5 screws on the dash which are on either end with the door open and 3 on the de-mist thingy strip by the windscreen !! This lets you get the top dash off !! Then there are 4 screw holding in the main dials 2 on top and 2 hidden underneath ( you need to remove the panel underneath to see these ) The other 3 pods have 2 screws on top and then they all just pop out !! Dont undo the speedo cable as its a b**ch to replace !! Just remove the bulbs in their holders and then replace them when youve changed the bulb !!

Done this !!!!!! i change the orange plastic to blue plastic and added blue leds. I need to find some paint for the neddles tho as mine are white and when at night with the blue glow you cant see the neddles to well, so i want to paint then another colour that will glow in the dark.

Any ideas people.

cant say ive ever seen blue bulbs !! It sounds like hes used LEDs instead (b**ch to wire to the dash lights) you could use the blue plastic and clear bulbs to create the same effect !

Ah yes but.... How easy is it to get hold of blue plastic and how easy would it be to fit it all? coz you do of course need the right size/thickness etc...

erm it wouldnt be easy !! you need the exact shape aswell otherwsie they wont site right !! plastic should be 1.5mm ISH !! Measure your originals and get some perspex !! Its easy enough to obtain !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459244404&category=45645http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459244404&category=45645

Contact this company and ask if they can supply the correct thickness !!

Also invest in a dremel or something similar to obtain the correct shape !!

Im going to attempt this soon on another set of dials !! Ive just gotta find a set of ph2s !! then ill make a "How to" for it !! Maybe do it for others if it works !!

4 main ones for the main unit and 3 in the middle unit. you can replace all with the same holders just with leds in them so its an easy swop over.

kool !! Ive bought my LEDs from here http://www.slatec.com/main.htmhttp://www.slatec.com/main.htm !! There are the resistors at the bottom to make them suitable for a 12v power supply !! All that youd need to do is replace the original bulbs with these LEDs and resistor !! Dunno what the colour would be like through the orange lense though ?? Ill probably try this first then replace the film if the colour isnt right !!

Gazza do you have any pics of yours ??