ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dash flocking, gauging intrest!

ok guys,
recently two of my mates have bought a flocking machine, they have already done 3 dashes that look mint,
would there be anybody on here that would be interested in having it done then once i have some numbers i can sort out a rough price!
many colours will be available and other car parts can be done.

Qashcow
is that like the rally car thing? i woke up the other day and thourght 'i really want a dash like that' so count me in if its a decentish price. what should it be non discounted??

Qashcow
will it get rid of my ghey blue dash? hope so, its minging!! how rugged is it, is it going to wear thin easily on parts that get touched alot?

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
We'd definatly be up for that! We've wanted the top of our valver dash flocked from the start of the project! We'd only want it straight black!
Please keep us informed and please post some pics if you can

White R26/Stripped Valver
Looked it up on google and apparently to get a good result you need 60,000v of electrostatic charge applied to the dash. Does your mate use this technique?

well one of the guys who is doing it has got a valver and is flocking his dash next week, i will get some pics up asap, they look awesome im getting the cup one done asap.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
We'd definatly be up for that! We've wanted the top of our valver dash flocked from the start of the project! We'd only want it straight black!
Please keep us informed and please post some pics if you can

mate surry-flocking-services are close to you, mine is being done for £56 inc delivery there,

he has experience under his belt and is s**t hot!

Are they ok with heat?

Might look good when done but after some time in direct sunlight will it shrink and expand?

Or am i thinking of traditional dash coverings lol

80MPG BEEZA
or buy the electrostatic gun for £300 easy make it back doing other peoples bits and bobs, buy the flock and glue from frost

lift number 1 @ btm
my mates vee has had the dash, steering cowel and engine cover flocked. and it looks absolutely awesome, completely transforms the car! there are some pictures up on the v6 forum.

i went to look at some more bits that they have done today and they look awesome, the price is going to be a lot less than originally thought

williams 2
Here are some early pics, its the first bit of work after 2 days of trials with glue and pigments etc etc, but all the same not bad at all. They currently have my whole williams interior ready for my a,b and c pillers along with top of dash like below and maybe a few other bits and bobs!!! :D

DSC00472.gif

DSC00473.gif

DSC00471.gif

DSC00470.gif

A random truck which i thought was funny.......

DSC00467.gif

And the new cup which me and holly have decided to buy and attack with some more serious stuff this year when she is back and forth to the USA! :D

speedlines.gif

visualize whirled pe
I remeber dealing with a couple of cars with it done in my valeting days.

If you want to clean then you just need to hoover with a very light brush. If you get gloopy or greasy chemicals on it i should imagine you've buggered it as I was told to keep any cleaners away from it.

It is very good at stopping the light being reflected by the dash on to the windscreen and causeing glare, perhaps this is why some rally cars have it done?

I remeber dealing with a couple of cars with it done in my valeting days.

If you want to clean then you just need to hoover with a very light brush. If you get gloopy or greasy chemicals on it i should imagine you've buggered it as I was told to keep any cleaners away from it.

It is very good at stopping the light being reflected by the dash on to the windscreen and causeing glare, perhaps this is why some rally cars have it done?

Yeah that is one of the reasons rally cars have it yeah.

I quite like it :)

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Just wondering whether this 'group buy' would be open to a Megane R26 owner? Would be interested depending on costs... Any ideas on the price? Also, am i right to assume it would require the dash being removed from the car and sent away for a few days?

Thanks very much,

Dave